C4: Commando Media Update

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
C4: Commando promises to immerse players in the Tiberian Sun universe- not as a spectator trapped in an isometric view, but as a soldier on the front lines. It's certainly ambitious, but their newest media release proves they're certainly capable: [br]

[br]For more information and media, check out the C4: Commando site here.

Yay, copyright infringement FOR THE WIN.

Looks good, nonetheless.

Taken from their "Game modes" section:

Skirmish

In Skirmish, the objective is to destroy all enemy units and structures. Commanders can build structures and assign other player their own missions. The Commander who manages to destroy the enemy is victorius.

So it looks like it could be a mixture of C+C Renegade and Battlefield 2. If it's done well, it could be amazing.

doubt it will ever get finished... now a better candidate for this type of mod is the CnC reborn mod making tiberian sun on renegade engine

http://reborn.communityteam.de/

Their getting close to finishing as well seeing as how they've been developing it for 2 years... there was another team making a tib sun mod on battlefield 2(?) engine as well IIRC.

Although it sounds neat that will me a huge mountain of work at take at least 2 years with talented and dedicated staff members...

DoctorWeeTodd said:
What does the "C" stand for? The start of Cease and Desist?

The C in C4? I'm pretty sure that means Claymore. Or if you mean the C&C name, that means Command & Conquer.

j4s[p] said:
The C in C4? I'm pretty sure that means Claymore. Or if you mean the C&C name, that means Command & Conquer.

Either you failed to detect my sarcasm or are being sarcastic yourself. It's really hard to detect written sarcasm without italics, coughing, leet or smilies.

Commando isn't set in the Tiberian Sun Universe, it's set around the time of Tiberian Dawn, the same as Renegade was. The Commando team are trying to develop what could have been a much better version of Renegade had it not been for the EA takeover of Westwood studios.

Pesmerga said:
Yay, copyright infringement FOR THE WIN.

Looks good, nonetheless.
C4: Commando isn't infringing on IP whereas CNC Reborn is.

We don't cover news that infringes on IP laws. Including Goldeneye, Resident Evil and Dragon Ball Z mods.

I'd like to welcome Suicide42 to the team though :) Nice work :D

Chris_D said:
C4: Commando isn't infringing on IP whereas CNC Reborn is.

We don't cover news that infringes on IP laws. Including Goldeneye, Resident Evil and Dragon Ball Z mods.

Reborn is a Tiberian Sun mod on the Renegade engine. An EA property being used as a mod for an EA product.

Commando is a Tiberian Dawn mod on the Source engine. An EA property being used as a mod for a Valve product.

Unless the Commando mod has permission, they are infringing. Reborn isn't.

(not an attack on Commando, by the way - looking good so far)

Pi Mu Rho is right, I'm wrong.

/me sues Chris_D for $25 million!!!11111

/me settles out of court for $20 million and gives Pi Mu Rho 85% of his yearly salary.

Damnit, this would've been awesome if it wasn't IP infringement. I absolutely loved Tiberian Sun.

yea cause a dragonball z mod got shut down.

its an old argument, but an easy one. if you don't get permission, don't waste your time. thing is devs or anyone with intellictual property may not want you to create a game based on their property, either it will suck, and people will associate it with their properly, or it will be good, and no one will have a need to purchase their property. i know all kinds of stargate mods that have been shut down. you can link people to other mods get shut down but they won't believe it will happen to them

Actually this is fairly brilliant

EA Games is publishing all of Valves future retail products is it not? EA Games owns the C&C license... Perfect scenario in this case.

Actually, I hadn't considered that. It could make a difference.

lol EA FTW!
and if they actually stop this mod from being built I'm going to laugh my hairy arse off

j4s[p] said:
The C in C4? I'm pretty sure that means Claymore.
C4, or Composition C4 is a brand of military explosive.

The correct name of the mod is C4 Commando. There is no colon in it.

PHxHav0c said:
Commando isn't set in the Tiberian Sun Universe, it's set around the time of Tiberian Dawn, the same as Renegade was. The Commando team are trying to develop what could have been a much better version of Renegade had it not been for the EA takeover of Westwood studios.

Correct. That was the initial point of the mod when it was started as a Renegade mod.

Back