Call of Duty and PETA

FrostedxB

Tank
Reaction score
Prepare for the stupid.

Following a Massachusetts high school petition protesting the treatment of dogs in Call of Duty: World at War, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is now joining the protest as well. Upon seeing news of the protest, PETA sent publisher Activision Blizzard an invitation to take one of its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminars for free. The organization has also sent the company a package of Nintendogs for the DS, which it deems "dog-friendly." PETA hopes the puppy sim will help influence Activision's treatment of animals in future games, with the organization's blog noting "perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/23/peta-joins-protest-against-world-at-wars-attack-dogs/

Their not even real! Good god, who plays Call of Duty, then grabs a real MP40, walks outside and shoots their dog.

Honestly, it's a video game. I don't care what happens in it. I actually enjoy the more violent and morally wrong ones. Doesn't mean I'm going to run off and slaughter me some dogs in real life.

why not Resident Evil movie or game. that came out wayyy before COD. also video games reduce real violence plain and simple.

PETA hopes the puppy sim will help influence Activision's treatment of animals in future games, with the organization's blog noting "perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

dogs of duty:canine warfare,a game about dogs of war whitout the whole war thing, release that same time as guitar hero: banjo edition 3

Little known fact: Infinity Ward had actually originally intended for there to be a "pet" functionality within Call of Duty 4. Unfortunately it was removed after play testers got frustrated with it, because whenever they tried to pet someone/something they usually ended up getting shot/blown up/throat ripped out. Infinity Ward then decided to replace the pet button with the knife button, which fared much better among play testers. During the development of Call of Duty: World at War, Treyarch decided it was better to carry this functionality over to WaW instead of potentially wasting man hours on an endeavor that one developer called "ridiculous".

Meh, its PETA. They're always moaning about something.

Because of course it is unethical to shoot dogs in the face. But humans? Thats A-OK!

Vicious attack dogs have been present in FPS gaming since its genesis in Wolf3d and they're just complaining now?

the ****ing date:

PETA joins protest against World at War's attack dogs

by Richard Mitchell { Mar 23rd 2009 at 7:48PM }

why doesn't PETA go after Asia for the matter then. I heard they eat like 1,000,000 dogs a day there

This is almost as bad as the people fighting to protect imaginary children in hentai.

I guess the treatment of animals has been so much better in recent years that they don't have anything better to do. I imagine them in a boardroom desperately trying to find something to do.

I'll bet they are just trolling.

"perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them

They cannot be serious.

Also I once blew two dogs apart with a granade. Please don't kill me PETA.

So why didn't they complain about them attack dogs in Medal of Honor Allied Assault? Not to mention aformentioned Wolfinstein 3D? And to top it all off you're shooting people, doesn't that offend anyone? I call bullshit on PETA.

Guys, look on the bright side. Activision got a free copy of Nintendogs.

In movies, people usually want to see the dogs live. In games, we usually want to see the dogs die. Why? Oh I dunno, maybe something about the fact that the dogs are always attacking the shit out of us in games, and a long tradition of it.

Yes, let's attack a game for having some level of historical accuracy!

Seriously... what utter bullshit - do they even care about the treatment of humans? I think PETA can exist on a moral level after we've achieved world peace.

It would be funny watching PETA yell and scream if someone firebombed their headquarters. What a waste of space

/me imagines PETA throwing molotovs at Infinitiyward's development headquarters. (Or whatever those who made WaW were called.)

/me imagines PETA throwing molotovs at Infinitiyward's development headquarters. (Or whatever those who made WaW were called.)

Treyarch for waw and infinityward for modern warfare. Infinity ward will not live to see the joys of nintendogs.

"perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

I laughed out loud.

Rather strange that they'd get all angry about killing dogs in WaW when it was COD4 that introduced them...

Rather strange that they'd get all angry about killing dogs in WaW when it was COD4 that introduced them...
Not to mention there were shooters before that in which you could kill dogs, like say MGS3/MGSPortableOps.

The original Medal of Honor also had german shepherd attack dogs.

Wolfenstein3D (somewhere around 1990) probably wasn't the first time I had killed dogs in a video game. And Castlevania games often had wolves, but I get that's okay to them.

Back