Call of Duty water effects

creationist

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the water in CoD, like when you are defending the bridge? I think it looks really good, like, DX 9 water or something.

Which raises an eyebrow. Hmmm, HL2 source leak = beautiful water for CoD! Yaaayyy! Lol, I'm just pointing out it looks very similiar to the water in hl2, with the reflections and the dx 9 shininess n all.

yep. CoD is fun game. Me likes.

? I have a dx 8 card, can some1 post some screens of the water in CoD, mine looked kinda crappy.

Water in COD looks as good a Half-Life 2's water.

You know what looks good? Lookin at that water...on weeeed...(mad props to however got that joke :p)

Originally posted by Hallucinogen
Water in COD looks as good a Half-Life 2's water.

Exactly my point! It looks VERY similiar to HL2's water, doesn't it? Hmmmm...

omg, it isn't hl2's water.

its just a dx9 effect, hl2's water is actually moving.

Is that the game wher a dead japanese soldier falls into the water and makes unnaturally HUGE rings of water, as he fell into D2O? If so, its physics engine sux.

No japanese in CoD. Your thing of Medal of Honor Pacific Assault. I noticed those huge rings too, but maybe it just screwed up, those were like alpha/beta videos.

Originally posted by creationist
Exactly my point! It looks VERY similiar to HL2's water, doesn't it? Hmmmm...

OMG!! Activision has the HL2 Beta!!! LIES!!

/me creams pants from HL2 screenshot

dammit, gotta stop doin that!

nope its dx9, and its water looks great. Water looks like water. If you are using dx9 it will all look the same. Even delta force BHD water looks good like hl2. Did they copy? no

the sad thing is, all the coolness that is HL2... and lately its seeming less and less amazing.

no the water in CoD is nowhere near as cool as HL2's... but .. its water :/ how cool do you want a gimmick to be?

I just wish HL2 had come out on sept 30th (as we all did) I was so hyped and so into Hl2... now Im finding myself coming here less and less, and I dont anticipate the game anywhere as much as I used to.

what a bummer :(

Originally posted by Mr. Redundant
the sad thing is, all the coolness that is HL2... and lately its seeming less and less amazing.

no the water in CoD is nowhere near as cool as HL2's... but .. its water :/ how cool do you want a gimmick to be?

I just wish HL2 had come out on sept 30th (as we all did) I was so hyped and so into Hl2... now Im finding myself coming here less and less, and I dont anticipate the game anywhere as much as I used to.

what a bummer :(

Im not even anticipating it anymore, i really dont even care. The only reason i come here is to talk in the offtopic forums.

Water 1

Water 2

You can't see much but ingame it really looks like HL2.

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
Water 1

Water 2

You can't see much but ingame it really looks like HL2.

Those screenshots don't really do your argument any justice man. The water looks straight out of Quake 2.

how come their named .txt files? Is that to get around the incredibly annoying no remote linking cr*p that some sites have begun to do?

In those screens the water looks butt ugly, Morrowinds looked better than that.

Originally posted by iamironsam
Nah, they're jpg's, he just didn't name them right.

Actually Fenric had it right you numb nuts, Tripod doesn't allow direct linking to images and it's been like this for two years.

I didn't read Fenric's post correctly, sorry. None the less, what's with these little kids throwing around names for dumb shit like that?

My apologies.

But numb nuts isn't that bad... is it? lol :D

I donno. Then someone could kick ya' in the balls and it wouldn't hurt... right? o_O

That HL2 Screenshot just got me 're-excited' about it's release. It's fuggin' gorgeous man... simply breath-taking.

i'm surprised no-one has mentioned the water effects in NOLF2. they're as good as the effects in CoD, not quite as good as HL2 but still pretty good considering it was out before CoD.

Originally posted by Dedalus
i'm surprised no-one has mentioned the water effects in NOLF2. they're as good as the effects in CoD, not quite as good as HL2 but still pretty good considering it was out before CoD.

I can't remember how the water looked in that now, but I do remember the funny convo between two guards about the bosses new "fake" lava, explaining away why that particular liquid looked terrible and unrealistic. Very funny.. then I killed them

I am not a fanboy, but yea my friend was playing the beta and I saw him play and u got to see hl2 water in motion to understand how great it is. I creamed myself for 2 weeks after seeing it, o wait still creaming myself!

Back