called the eb

cbass

Reaction score
i know this has been talked about a thousand times but i thought id share this with you. I called ebx just to see what they would say when it was comin out..and.. the guy said that it was do for sept 30 a few weeks ago now its do for november. there are having some real technical problems and they said it could be pushed back another 6 months. Now the guy really sounded like he knew what he was talkin about so mabey it is technical issues. But i just thought id share that with you.:cheers:

ooh, we should start a "what stupid store employees told me" thread because alot of people are posting things they say. we should tally all the dates and find the average to see the real relese date.

What if he told you he was the devil himself... would you believe him?

Originally posted by ReZeroX
ooh, we should start a "what stupid store employees told me" thread because alot of people are posting things they say. we should tally all the dates and find the average to see the real relese date.
LOL!!!

listen im not sayin its true im just wanted to share it. and yes i would belive him if he said he was the devil.:flame:

train.jpg

lol why do you guys get so made over this i just tryed to be helpful but some nerds have to get upset for some reason. what ever.:afro:

Maybe if the "do not post delay threads" sticky was 40 ft high, red and flashing, we might have a few less of these pointless, repetative threads.

Originally posted by cbass
lol why do you guys get so made over this i just tryed to be helpful but some nerds have to get upset for some reason. what ever.:afro:

Calling people you don't know "nerds" sure sounds tough over the net you a-hole. Don't try to act "cool" because you're just another smacktard: the EB guy is nobody, he doesn't know shit, he works a shitty job and he will tell you anything to get you off his back. So just "OMG stfu!" and crawl back underneath the rock you came from.

Originally posted by Apos
Maybe if the "do not post delay threads" sticky was 40 ft high, red and flashing, we might have a few less of these pointless, repetative threads.

Think you could actauly do that some time soon? :E

lol why do you guys get so made over this i just tryed to be helpful but some nerds have to get upset for some reason. what ever.

SILENCE village idiot!

I give up, I really do. I really really do. Five times a week we get these threads and no matter how much I tell myself NOT to read it, I just have to. I just have to see the idiocy.

Do you know what people? If I was Gabe and I had 1000 people e-mailing me a day and they all asked me the same thing over and over despite saying numerous times it'd be released on the 30th, I'd get fed up and I'd just start ignoring you or saying "no comment". If I worked in EB and I had 50 people a day come up to me to ask if HL2 was delayed, just for the hell of it I'd say: "Yeah. You won't see it before 2004".

I'm going to try so very hard not to read anymore of these threads because I'm very, very sick of them.

/me doesn't die

Originally posted by Space Cowboy
EB guy?....he must be in the loop.........*smirk*

EB KNOWS ALL!!!,

well ok not all,

k not much,

well nothing,

but they sell me games!

Originally posted by Chris_D
I give up, I really do. I really really do. Five times a week we get these threads and no matter how much I tell myself NOT to read it, I just have to. I just have to see the idiocy.

Do you know what people? If I was Gabe and I had 1000 people e-mailing me a day and they all asked me the same thing over and over despite saying numerous times it'd be released on the 30th, I'd get fed up and I'd just start ignoring you or saying "no comment". If I worked in EB and I had 50 people a day come up to me to ask if HL2 was delayed, just for the hell of it I'd say: "Yeah. You won't see it before 2004".

I'm going to try so very hard not to read anymore of these threads because I'm very, very sick of them.

/me doesn't die
/me pukes repeaditly on people.
Sorry guys, can't help it. *Barf*
...Kill me...now!

actually I find that interesting... maybe the eb dood knows something us fan boys done dum dum duhhhhh

I think the admins need to start banning ppl who make these pointless delay threads, they are spreading over these boards like a cancer.

Im surprised that EB doesnt just tell u September 30th before you pre-order and then say november after that....so more people buy

Well the idiocy doesn't cease I see... I leave the boards for 9 hours, I come back and :eek: there's even more ****ing delay threads. And Mr Bond, if you read this, you shouldn't leave any delay discussions open as they are pointless. Tokin's one was closed, the other one and this one were left open. They need to be closed mate.

Isn't it possible with the VB forums to merge posts and threads together? I've seen it in a few places and that'd pretty much solve everything IMO.

Originally posted by alb1221
actually I find that interesting... maybe the eb dood knows something us fan boys done dum dum duhhhhh
thankyou i realize that there are other post out there that talk about delays period it might be technical is my point. Now i dont see why people get upset about one more thread.. or should i make a thread like everybody else posting about how g mans teeth look stupid... and other stuff like why do they run funny. Now if you want to get mad over one thread then go ahead i was just trying to gather information for you guys and some of you just flip out and cry and yell at me over the internet which by the way is pretty pathetic. So if you want to go ahead and talk all your little aggression out on your keboard. Feel free.:cheers:

Originally posted by Chris_D
Well the idiocy doesn't cease I see... I leave the boards for 9 hours, I come back and :eek: there's even more ****ing delay threads. And Mr Bond, if you read this, you shouldn't leave any delay discussions open as they are pointless. Tokin's one was closed, the other one and this one were left open. They need to be closed mate.

Isn't it possible with the VB forums to merge posts and threads together? I've seen it in a few places and that'd pretty much solve everything IMO.

i liked tokins thread :)

Originally posted by cbass
thankyou i realize that there are other post out there that talk about delays period it might be technical is my point.

What you haven't realized is that the EB guy is no Valve employee. He is just like you and me: he makes assumptions. If I were to create a thread stating my opinion on the delay I would get 3 pages of flame, that's because my opinion doesn't matter. And it's perfectly logical, if every one were to post threads about "what my grandma says" or "what the guy next door to Gabe's nephew knows" we would go insane. That's all.

well tell me this if you sold vidoe games for a living do you think you would know a little more then everyone else now i know i dont belive him 100 percent but mabey he knows something i dont. Just think about it you dont have to get all pissed about one more thread.:bounce:

It's not one more thread though cbass. It's ANOTHER thread that will lead to another which will lead to another which will lead to another which has followed many many many more before it.

Do you read computer game magazines? How would you feel if every month there was a different front cover but it had exactly the same headline. Then it'd talk about that exact same headline on page 5, page 9, page 15, page 34, page 45, page 48 and page 56? How about if that information that it kept repeating in many ways probably wasn't true, or fluctuated slightly from page to page, or it was unofficial crap?

That's what it's like being in this forum and seeing these threads all the time. It feels like everytime I come here I'm banging my head against a brick wall. I don't care if someone posts a thread and asks if his supercomputer will run HL2 anymore, I don't care if someone posts a thread asking when the next Steam movie will be out - but this shit... everybody should know by now, everybody should have noticed the STICKY by now and read Abomination's notice, everybody should have the common sense to avoid posting these threads.

This isn't particularly aimed at yourself cbass, but everyone. Please, please, please, reconsider before you post any news regarding any release date. I may have to eat your mother.

I pray it hasn't been delayed;(

I bought the components for an upgrade (verrrry expensive) and if it isn't coming out for another 3 months i could have waited and got them cheaper/more powerful;(

I just HAVE to know. What is so wrong about these "delay threads"? I don't think I've read anything on here any more important than these threads aside from the information from valve thread, so what's the big f*ckin deal? It just drives me nuts when people get pissed off about people posting information that they believe someone out there might want to know, and I know there are a lot of people out there that do like to know.

And yes. . .I've read the sticky.

I asked a guy about the guy who asked this guy who have a sister and her boyfried is working at an eb store and while he was high on crack and sleeping he may or may not have heard about the delay but doesn't remember so he's saying it will probably be out in 2014. Hell, maybe he know something I don't know.

Back