Calvin & Hobbes Snow Art. - 56k beware

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Dedicated to the greatest comic of all time, or at least my most favorite, Calvin and Hobbes. A place for those who grew up reading this amazing comic strip by Bill Watterson to laugh and talk about it..

And of course, for those who don't know what Calvin and Hobbes is... or for all you ever wanted to know... Visit the wikipedia. Extremely in depth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_and_Hobbes

And I also want to share with everybody, a large compilation of Calvin and Hobbes Snow Art for this wonderful winter season, and so close to christmas(for those who celebrate), to get your day started with a healthy dose of humor. I reuploaded all of these onto imageshack, taken from another website... a free crappy one like angelfire or whatever, which couldnt take the bandwith load if I just gave a link to it.

EDIT: Oh by the way. the ones that look all grey... I provide an alternative link right before them, which you can look at them at to see it in white.

cutout9ko.gif

hitbycar7ot.gif

sharks5rj.gif

chicken9od.gif

horror7ze.gif

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/9712/evolution3ju.gif
||
||
||
\/
evolution3ju.gif

sports0jz.gif

traffic6ot.gif

window9zt.gif

baddad2xw.gif

snowdog6tv.gif

monster8nw.gif

cone4pt.gif

hill3ha.jpg

xing0op.gif

shovel0hd.gif

abstraction7wh.gif

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2944/eggplant1ii.gif
||
||
||
\/
eggplant1ii.gif

pal5ll.gif

buffoon9xb.gif

surgery9dn.gif

2heads4sn.gif

ac0nv.gif

bigtv7yy.gif

bored1hj.gif

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/5193/doom9kh.gif
||
||
||
\/
doom9kh.gif

ex1ka.gif

heads4hl.gif

hotbottle9yw.gif

nude1sl.gif

ny6eu.gif

ph5oq.gif

71pe.gif

townflk7na.gif

critic2aj.gif

gdz8ma.jpg

I announce this the best thread ever. That said, I'm going to go and read through all of my C&H collection books... which is, well, all of them.

I love them! Although they're called Kalle & Hobbe over here...

Axyon said:
I announce this the best thread ever. That said, I'm going to go and read through all of my C&H collection books... which is, well, all of them.

Best thread ever? WOOT! I win hl2.net!

EDIT: Oh and by the way. Despite owning all the calvin and hobbes books, I downloaded a pdf recently that contains every single one ever made, in chronological order, displayed singly on each page.

Raziaar said:
Best thread ever? WOOT! I win hl2.net!

EDIT: Oh and by the way. Despite owning all the calvin and hobbes books, I downloaded a pdf recently that contains every single one ever made, in chronological order, displayed singly on each page.
Link? :eek:

And you sir are a god among men.

MiccyNarc said:
Link? :eek:

And you sir are a god among men.
No link. Go and buy the collections, or the huge anniversary collection (that contains everything) that was recently released.

Axyon said:
No link. Go and buy the collections, or the huge anniversary collection (that contains everything) that was recently released.

Yeah. I'm not giving any link. If you want it, go find it yourself. But I'll kick your ass if you don't buy the collection, like Axyon said. Its a great comic series, and you won't be dissapointed.

Its one of the most intelligent(in a non dilbert way), yet most hilarious comics around, in my opinion.

The_Monkey said:
Has he stopped making them?
Unfortunately, yes. He ended on the one where they ride off in the snow, where Calvin says 'Let's go exploring'.

Edit: This one:

final1uo.jpg

Axyon said:
Unfortunately, yes. He ended on the one where they ride off in the snow, where Calvin says 'Let's go exploring'.

:devil: omfg spoiler tags plz!

Axyon said:

A truely fitting end.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/3042/lastone7kf.jpg

edit:
Edit: This one:

Bah, you beat me you punk! Mine was better, though!

Reading those brought back so many great memories of when I was a kid. I used to sit and read those books all day! No worries, no responsibility. Those were the days.

Thanks for the great post! :thumbs:

:cheers:

I remember reading that...crap I was 7 at the time. I cried.

Raziaar said:
Bah, you beat me you punk! Mine was better, though!
As if, mine's in glorious crop-o-vision.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before someone posts the fake strip where Calvin stops seeing Hobbes. I will hurt the person that does this :frown:

Calvin and hobbes is the most awesome comic... completely broke away from the barrier of all the others. I mean, what other comic strips would you see amazingly cool stuff like this?

bill4.gif

CH940127.JPG

jon5.GIF

jon6.GIF

bill2.gif

awesome4tg.jpg

I mean. what other comics do you see people getting murdered, freak accidental deaths, thermonuclear weapons... a jackass intelligent kid mindlessly pounding away on a coffee table with nails.

Axyon said:
As if, mine's in glorious crop-o-vision.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before someone posts the fake strip where Calvin stops seeing Hobbes. I will hurt the person that does this :frown:

Ohh... these two comic strips? Don't hurt me... i've just never seen them before. These last two comic strips are fake people! The words were changed!

loses.gif

fakechstrip.jpg

EDIT: Oh and... some other fake ones.

cpeanuts01.jpg

cpeanuts02.jpg

calhob.jpg

mine7.jpg

calvinretouchdistressed.jpg

Aah, great stuff. C&H is definately my fave.

THUMBS UP!

Axyon said:
This is the one. It kills me a little every time I see it :/

Oh man... that is pretty sad if you really analyze it.

At first I was just thinking... okay, he's just trying to concentrate so he's butting hobbes out of his conciousness for the moment..

But upon thinking about it, the pills are taking effect, and soon the Hobbes we love will be erased from memory cause he takes the pills. :(

Raziaar said:
Oh man... that is pretty sad if you really analyze it.

At first I was just thinking... okay, he's just trying to concentrate so he's butting hobbes out of his conciousness for the moment..

But upon thinking about it, the pills are taking effect, and soon the Hobbes we love will be erased from memory cause he takes the pills. :(
That's what the fourth frame shows - when it's just Calvin and Hobbes together, he always takes his 'alive' form, but now he's just the stuffed toy, which means it's pretty much all over. GAH. Enough of this, we need more real C&H.

<3 C&H. Comparable only to The Far Side.

And that last one is sad. ;(

Axyon said:
That's what the fourth frame shows - when it's just Calvin and Hobbes together, he always takes his 'alive' form, but now he's just the stuffed toy, which means it's pretty much all over. GAH. Enough of this, we need more real C&H.

Okay... more real C&H.

calvin15xf.jpg

calvin28eu.jpg

Why does this next one remind me of "Christians don't believe in gravity".? lol

calvin38et.jpg

calvin43pf.jpg

butt0om.jpg

And one last one... to ponder about the violence in today's entertainment. LMAO.

calvinviolence1rd.jpg

Calvin and Hobbes, along with the Farside, remains one of the few comics thats funnier the smarter you are. That said, I own almost all of the comics.

I always wanted to make one like his, but there's never enough snow - such a shame. Calvin and Hobbes is a collective castle of awesome.

Man... This strip always gets to me.

CH851225.JPG

I love calvin and hobbes.
I love bill watterson.
I love everybody.
I want to have your babies.

Axyon said:
Thread. Over. And. Stickied. Immediately. Please.

calvin and hobbes ftw, i need this computer collection you speak of (and yes i do own every book). I miss having new ones though, kind of reminds you haw everything has an end no matter how much you want it to continue =\...

Everytime I read the babysitter ones I crack up. I love Calvin and Hobbes. The only bad thing is I have to keep buying the books because they keep falling apart. It's worth it though.

I especially love the one where he finds the old camra and you get all the pictures of what he takes of himself with it.. pricless, i laughed my ass off and still do when i see that one.

One of the best comics evar. :)

My favorite is when he brings a snowflake to show and tell. The classroom melts it into a boring drop of water. :p

Oh! And the Stupendous man and Spaceman Spiff ones! I also love the noir one when he can't figure out the maths problem.

Man, I can't think of any ones I don't like :(
unfortunately it ended before I ever got into it.

I read this once or twice when I was a kid. I never understood it.

But as I read it now, older, more mature and smarter I understand what they actually mean! :D

Agreed with Sparta. Sticky it ftw.

NO FAIR! lol...I sent this to a friend yesterday. Oh well, <3 Calvin and Hobbes

Have I got a treat for you guys. More comics. Well, probably not the greatest, but still.

This first one... just a short one. remind you of anything? Yeah, reminds me of when I tried fooling you guys with that werewolf story. LMAO. You know, the funny thing... is it applied to what I was doing, too.

bird13vd.jpg

And this... This is a series of strips that form into a single storyline, revolving around wintertime and snowmen. I hope you enjoy.

alive13hn.jpg

alive28ca.jpg

alive31tk.jpg

alive42yt.jpg

alive57dc.jpg

alive65ye.jpg

alive70pb.jpg

alive86yy.jpg

alive90sy.jpg

alive109fq.jpg

alive117fu.jpg

alive120tk.jpg

alive133ud.jpg

alive146tt.jpg

alive150pb.jpg

alive162yx.jpg

alive173lj.jpg

alive186yx.jpg

And now, some more misc ones!

misc13ks.jpg

misc29jy.jpg

misc39wi.jpg

misc49qe.jpg

misc59iu.jpg

misc61gu.jpg

misc72xb.jpg

And by the way. I'm going to be posting some gravity related ones in the gravity thread thats on the front page, too.

Back