Can anyone explain these statistics?

Butterblaster

Reaction score
http://dayofdefeat.com/stats/classes.html#2

I've sort of noticed this while playing, and now there's proof. The average player is someone who gets about 0.7 kills per life.

I would expect the average to be 1 kill per life (or just a tad under to account for team kills and suicides). How do these statistics add up? Assuming no or very few suicides, how could there be so many more deaths than kills?

Thats sad with support k/d ratio. I generally get about 2-3 kills before I die in that class.

I guess suicides and team kills are the only explanation.

edit: Since the average is about .8 kills/death, then about 20% of deaths are the result of suicides or team kills. I guess that's not so high, considering each team kill or suicide counts as two deaths (total including the team killer). Actually, since we know all of these are worth two, then one out of nine literal deaths is a suicide or team kill.

If a number of the sampled people die before making a kill themselves, their kill ratio will be less than one. Noobs, what?

Wow, seems like the weapons are really balanced. Except the garand, which everyone knows.

Krynn72 said:
Wow, seems like the weapons are really balanced. Except the garand, which everyone knows.
If you practice with it, the garand can become very effective at medium/long range.
Close up, and you can ferget it. The thing needs a buttsmack.

well in bf2 the average player does not have a kdr of 1:1 its more likely 0.7:1
The difference is explained by the fact that the better players are substantially better than their peers
I'd imagine that it is no different in DODS - the better players can exploit the weaknesses of their opponents to a degree where the statistics curve is not a symmetric bell curve but slopes in favour of higher ranked players

MAybe the average counts not for kills but for hits. You could shoot a person a few times but doesn't mean they will die. Could that be it?

Back