Can enemy A.I. use physics as well?

lazicsavo said:
Ok, either I steped on some religious fanatic toe or you really had some bad day. There is a thing called sarcasm and comic relief, you know. If you can't take light jokes without blowing your top, well, a internet forum is not a place for you.

Jeez.

Sarcasm?
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Anywho, I imagine they will at the least appear to be using the physics intelligently, and that's pretty good. :)
HL2 ownz d3 at physics.

how do we know WE know what we're doing?

perhaps we are super advanced code!

Yeah, A.I. in hl2 won't know anything. It will only do things based on pre-scripted actions. I.E. enemy sees you, enemy is programmed to shoot at you, so it does. That is very basic, and I'm sure valve have suped it up a lot with various scripts that enemies will use to create the illusion of real A.I. Such as having different scripts it will use if certain objects and you are near. Like if a barrel is near the zombie, it will either use one script wear it comes at you and tries to swipe at you, or it will use anothe script first and try to kick barrel at you.

Eh..more rambling ;)

I don't know. Isn't organic matter way more complex than say, a barrel? Maybe thats why. But I'm pretty sure thats impossible for a machine to use some kind of "will power". That would be silly.

Yeah, I don't believe it's because of "will" or something. But wood is organic and I distinctly remember a chair being shot and a strider. A WOODEN chair, wood is organic.. eh, anyway..

ah, lol. I wasn't saying the AI should know, I was trying to state that I know that the AI doesn't know, then I said that I don't want the AI to know..

now, shooting a barrel at your direction is cool, but it's not a sign of physics awareness. Now, what do I mean by awareness?? human like awareness? lol certinly not.
Let's see here, is the AI aware of the map? well, it is aware in the sense that it's programmed to avoid obstacles and find pathes.
Now, the physics awareness I'd expect is something like, seeing chances in using phyics to hurt the player.
Now ofcourse, it will all be scripted someway, infact, AI can't think and make decisions. All they can do is choose an action from a list of actions he knows by looking at the situation and "analyzing" it at some level. Like, see if the player is near, if so, and if you can see him, then prepare for battle by getting into a position and firing.

Back