Can This Speed Up My Crappy Dial-Up?

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
I've heard that a wireless router or d-link or whatever can make your internet faster, can it? can it with dial-up?

Dog-- said:
I've heard that a wireless router or d-link or whatever can make your internet faster, can it? can it with dial-up?

lol where did u here that and there are routers for dial up but u have to specially order them online i believe and u dont need one unless ur were going to hook up to computers to it your better off getting a faster connection

sounds like the usual bullshit to me

"woah, if you ram a fork in your modem, twist it 50 degree's to the west and tap the plastic cover 12 times with 3 seconds interval it will boost your internet dial up internet connection up to 200 mb per sec"

EVIL said:
sounds like the usual bullshit to me

"woah, if you ram a fork in your modem, twist it 50 degree's to the west and tap the plastic cover 12 times with 3 seconds interval it will boost your internet dial up internet connection up to 200 mb per sec"

rofl u would have to be an idiot to believe that *gets fork and attemps to boost dsl up to 1gbs*

Nothing can ever speed up Dial-Up...
ever...
Simple fact is that the FCC dosent allow more than 56k (or whatever you actually get that is below 56k).
So it's impossible to get any faster.

EVIL.

Broadband is soo cheap now days, you should NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER think about price when someone has 56k.
I mean for $14.95 a month is less than my 56k plus second phon line by $10! It's the same price as my 56k.

What must be taken into account is that Broadband is not everywhere. Hell we can afford DSL or Cable but its not around here. It isn't, and we live just outside of my town.
And Sat. is out of the question.....higher pings than a 56k...ALOT higher.

Minerel said:
EVIL.

Broadband is soo cheap now days, you should NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER think about price when someone has 56k.
I mean for $14.95 a month is less than my 56k plus second phon line by $10! It's the same price as my 56k.

What must be taken into account is that Broadband is not everywhere. Hell we can afford DSL or Cable but its not around here. It isn't, and we live just outside of my town.

yea that sux to live in small towns well there really isnt anything else u can do and btw if u want to buy one of those internet accelorator programs do not buy them they are a waste of money and do nothing

IF it does, then using a nail improves your sexlife!

yea that sux to live in small towns well there really isnt anything else u can do and btw if u want to buy one of those internet accelorator programs do not buy them they are a waste of money and do nothing
They just cache things better for pages you visted before. Thus if you revisit it just brings up the old images and things.

Not all of them. Some of them compress the data, so it takes less time to send. I've never tryed them, but it could be worth a months trial (Many offer these) to see if its any good.

Minerel said:
EVIL.

Finally.. Someone in the same position as me.. Don't worry, it will become available soon, it is getting available in a couple weeks.

AND Satallite is like, 650 dollars to set up, HELL NO, i could buy a computer that could run F.E.A.R with that amount of money.

Some of them compress the data, so it takes less time to send. I've never tryed them, but it could be worth a months trial (Many offer these) to see if its any good.
Downloading it to there server and compressing it. Yeah, well I can live with web pages not being instant. To bad it wont do shit for my ping :(.

I wish I could get a faster connection, I live in a Rural area, the ONLY thing you can get out here is dial-up, they don't even have DSL out here, or else I would have it already.. :(

Luckily though, in a year or so, We are getting FIBER OPTIC INTERNET, WOOOOOOOOOOO
FASTEST YOU CAN GET, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA

In, a year....

Dog-- said:
I wish I could get a faster connection, I live in a Rural area, the ONLY thing you can get out here is dial-up, they don't even have DSL out here, or else I would have it already.. :(

Luckily though, in a year or so, We are getting FIBER OPTIC INTERNET, WOOOOOOOOOOO
FASTEST YOU CAN GET, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA

In, a year....
well until then you'll just need to get one of those FORKS.

Hahaha *laughs at everyone*

No one beats my 100mbps VDSL!

Execept for that company which has laser pulse fiber optic thingy.

Back