Can you remember/find and link to the first ever post you made on these forums?

I can't seem to find mine. I go to my Profile and then to all posts by me. For some reason, it doesn't go that far back. Maybe a moderator can help me out with this.

MaxiKana said:
Since a half life is the time it takes for a radioactive material to half its radioactivity maybe they chose halflife becuase its just that.. the time between it beeing radioactive and then non radioactive? halflife started with a big bang, the machine that exploaded and all the aliens came.. then in the end the threat was defeated, hence the name :p

Dear god, I can't even make sense of that post!

Dont remember the first, but one of my first few was in a religious thread....engaging in an epic battle against the infamous "blahblahblah".

The_Monkey said:
Mamu locked your thread? He's not even a moderator. He's a zombie with 30 posts.:eek: Please explain. :imu:
Mamu? Not mamu, Munro

Oh wait, your right, wtf?! I always thought it was Munro that did that.....

Whoa...who is this mysterious Mamu? :eek:

He's like the god of newbs.

Here's mine:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?p=38132#post38132

My favorite quote:
AS for last minute tweaks pushing Valve over the deadline, I don't think so. I have a feeling they planned in plenty of tweak time before boldy announcing their September 30th release date. I think Valve is as aware as anybody that missing the Half-Life 2 deadline would be a public relations nightmare...
How could I have been so right, yet so wrong?

Homer said:
its as simple as this: It takes just over 2 weeks to get a game back from the duplicators.

If it aint gold by tomorow it aint getting deliverd by the 30th.

from september 15th 2003 :-(

SpuD said:
Oh wait, your right, wtf?! I always thought it was Munro that did that.....

"Last Activity: 09-11-2003 12:49 AM"

Who the hell is this guy and how could he close the thread without being a moderator?

on a different screenname, about a year ago:

Chris-008 said:
I don't think the game was that far from being finished, the reason it's taking so long now is that because some little hacker who wanted to play HL2 managed to steal the network and security coding so they had to rewrite the whole thing... which is difficult and tedious.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16320&page=2

One word, Fable. It has grass that grows, seasons, u can cut the grass and it will stay that length till it grows, u grow up, get facial hair, wife, house, barfights.
In a thread where people were comparing gfx engines.

Oh how wrong I was......

The sad thing is, I actually remember reading some of these when they were originally posted. :O

Oh this is classic. My first post was meant to thank some one, but I hit the new thread button by accident. A classy start, eh?

Narcolepsy said:
Hey, thanks a lot. I figured that it was impossible.

Why doesn't the "Find all post by user" actually have ALL my post in it? Only goes up to 500

oh ffs... i just found a really old post of mine, copied it and now it wont paste. i just cba anymore... this it the end !!!!

of me looking for old posts ;)

Death.Trap said:
Why doesn't the "Find all post by user" actually have ALL my post in it? Only goes up to 500

Use the ascending order or something.

I'm not sure about the first two questions, but as for E3, www.e3.com (I think..)

It's the electronic exposition. Basically a bunch of companies go there to show off whatever new stuff they have...

Uh, I think that's it. That was.. 21-04-2004, 06:20 AM

What the hell was I doing up at 6:20?

Brian Damage said:
Hi...

I am new, but not for long,:dork:
I joined you lot to sing along,:cheese:
"Half life 2 is what we want!":bounce:
"In the queue we're at the front!":D

If release date blues have got you down,;(
Don't bash VALVe or wear a frown,:)
Smile and wait, observe and see,;)
(I hope the game will be bug free.):thumbs:

So read my posts and get your yucks.:LOL:
And, by the way, Fragmaster sucks.:E

But my first proper one:

Brian Damage said:
This is my first proper post, so here's hoping that it's useful...

I believe that the writing screenshot says, as best as I can make out:

incidence (evidence?) of seizure and muscular catatonia (think this means he can't move - not paralysis, more like being uncontrollably relaxed?)... recci? rec'd?... titration (chemistry term) of 30 ml sample sustained...can't tell what the next bit is, looks like "along active"...Freeman (F is missing), Gordon, increased activity in neural...no response. Subject to availability...can't read next bit, looks like "and uga", or something, could be "urgency".../unknown vector at this time ("Vector" refers to a method of disease transmission. Like a mosquito or bad water. Is he in a coma because of a virus? Perhaps he caught it on Xen.). Requirements of...beyond(B missing) current threshold of amgydalic(? Don't know if this is accurately interpreted)...support? Suppression?

So, to recap, interpreted as best as I can:

incidence of seizure and muscular catatonia ... rec'd titration of 30 ml sample sustained along active ... Freeman, Gordon, increased activity in neural ... no response. Subject to availability and urgency ... /unknown vector at this time. Requirements of ... beyond current threshold of amgydalic supp...

Gives me the mental image of poor old Gordy lying in bed hooked up to an IV drip.

Seeya.<There was a "cool" smiley here, but it was one more image than was allowed>

I used to overuse the smileys... and say "Seeya" a lot...

look up the first thread ever and ill be somewhere in there saying "10th :( " while i wasnt 10th in any way... I just had a hard time counting...

EC said:
It's been there for a while now.
I was referring to when someone pointed out the icon_hl2_media.tga in a steam folder. God, that is a long-ass time ago.

Back