can you throw things without manipulator gun?

geekusa

Reaction score
i read a recent post where someone vistied valve and they said that when they playtested it they could throw objects, but they didn't have the manipulator gun...so i guess you can throw objects without the manipulator gun?

geekusa said:
i read a recent post where someone vistied valve and they said that when they playtested it they could throw objects, but they didn't have the manipulator gun...so i guess you can throw objects without the manipulator gun?

Well, if they playtested it and said that then I guess that would be a logical conclusion no? ;)

Yep, you can pick things up with your hands. Don't expect to be able to kill bad guys though by throwing soda cans at them

Neutrino said:
Well, if they playtested it and said that then I guess that would be a logical conclusion no? ;)

Geeze, that's not being very nice.

FoB_Ed said:
Yep, you can pick things up with your hands. Don't expect to be able to kill bad guys though by throwing soda cans at them
What if I hit them in the eye

:afro:

[annoying american accent]That's like....sooooo obvious[/annoying american accent]

American's don't have accents.. everyone else does.

Attachments

• media.jpeg
    media.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 400
Everybody who play tested the trainstation threw soda cans at the combine, but during the bink video, they didn't do that. How mean.

i wonder if when you pick up a small object if when you drop it if it gets automatically thrown or do you have to press a button?

How 'bout kicking and punching? Will those also be incorporated?

Yeah I bet someone will make a martial arts mod eventually

mortiz said:
[annoying american accent]That's like....sooooo obvious[/annoying american accent]

people with annoying american accent's make your best games and computer parts :| :| :|

i think it's not very important thing. all you need is a good weapon!!

I think how it works in that the "use" button picks stuff up, and releasing the button drops it, or you can throw it with the trigger button.

pls!! somebody tell me pls!! help me pls!! WHY WAS THE GAME COLD "HALF-LIFE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? ??????????
PLS!! do not ignore my question!!

Danyar said:
pls!! somebody tell me pls!! help me pls!! WHY WAS THE GAME COLD "HALF-LIFE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? ??????????

There are million posts of this, use search. I prefer the physics answer (ie: physical defenition of Half Life (lambda).

I actually don't think we've had a thread on how cold it was in Half-Life... ;)

Danyar said:

Half-life is a term that describes radiation decay. It fits the plot and setting fairly well.

Edit: also, 'pls' is annoying.

i haven't found? oh pls!! could you explain to me what does it mean "half-life"? i'm not strong in English, and i've got problem with translation... pls explain!!

thank you very very very much!!
hey hey!! I've got another question. was there a film "Half-life" in America? Did you see "Aliens vs predators"? is it interesting? should i go to the cinema and see it?

geekusa said:
i wonder if when you pick up a small object if when you drop it if it gets automatically thrown or do you have to press a button?

By logical assumption, you pick up an item with the use key (E by default) and once picked up you have two choices, press the left mouse button and you throw it, right mouse button and you let it go.

I seriously doubt kicking and punching is in.

Danyar said:
hey hey!! I've got another question. was there a film "Half-life" in America? Did you see "Aliens vs predators"? is it interesting? should i go to the cinema and see it?

Sounds to me that someone needs to lay off the coffee. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheese: :cheese:

Danyar said:

You should probobly not go see it because it will suck bigtime.

No there was no Half-Life film.
Alien vs Predator was okay. Go see it if there's nothing better playing (Bourne Supremacy was better).

The game was probablly called Half-Life since the Greek symbol Lambda means half-life in physics and the Lambda Complex in Black Mesa Research facility was so prominent in the game.

Back