Cannonfodder's model and texture compiler

C

CannonFodder

Yet another new program fresh from the development labs of
Cannonfodder Inc.

This is a yet another model and texture compiler program.
While there are already programs that do this, I was not entirely
happy with them and this is my attempt.

Some of the advantages with this program is that .tga and .smd files can be anywhere on your computer.
There is no requirement that they be in any specific location. This program also does not require
knowing all the various QC commands to compile a model. It will allow the user to easily make static, dynamic, or physics
props. Also it will remember all the options when you bring up the program again.

There are no external programs called. vtex and studiomdl are compiled in.
This may cause problems since neither was written to be called multiple
times, but I think I have most of these issues solved.

Place this in your sourcesdk/bin directory. It requires DLL's from there and also calls steam since the compilers are built in.

Please provide feedback on what you think.

studiocompiler.gif

http://cannonfodder.chaosincarnate.net/cftools_sc.htm

looks good!

Any chance you'll make a tool/tut for weapons/player/all other compilcated models? :p

I've thought about adding stuff to create more complicated models,
but I'm not sure how I would work it.
I'd need to add some way to specify animations and all the options that go with it, and I'm not sure I want to try and tackle that.

Nice! Good work! :)

Surely if this needs Steam to be running anyway it would've been easier for it to just use the studiomdl.exe and vtex.exe anyway? Just a thought!

GonzoBabbleshit said:
Nice! Good work! :)

Surely if this needs Steam to be running anyway it would've been easier for it to just use the studiomdl.exe and vtex.exe anyway? Just a thought!

Then you'd have to specify where they are and I wouldn't have as much control. For example vtex does not support specifying an output directory or
compressed vs uncompressed textures. I also plan on adding a bunch of debugging pop-ups to studiomdl.

Back