Can't compile in Hammer

D

Doctor Evil

Whenever I compile a map, an error message with the message "MountAppFilesystem() failed: SteamMountAppFilesystem(215,20,0x17a9fd74 failed with error 21: A diffrent version of this FS is already in use" pops up. What happened, and how do I fix it?

(This may be in the wrong section, if it is, can you please move it?)

so no one has helped this user with this issue? i got the same god dang problem. a map i am making was cimpiling fine then one day it stoped working everytime i complie under my mod, but if i compile under any other game in hammer my map compiles fines.... iv searched on the net too and yet no solution, iv reinstalled steam, source SDK and source base and it still give me the error "MountAppFilesystem() failed: SteamMountAppFilesystem(215,22,0x113ffd74 failed with error 21: A diffrent version of this FS is already in use" although it is slightly different in the number section

i tried that twice yesterday and it didnt work. i dont know why now it works :(

thanks

No problem. I never had the problem myself so I didn't really try that way myself. But since it was on the Valve Wiki then I assumed it must work.

Hi everyone, I am having exactly the same problem and have not found a resolution.
I have read the Wiki and it mentions building the dll's??? Not sure what this means or how to do it?

Can someone help me please?

thanks

Back