Can't get my SDK working

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

naminator2003

Hi people!

I am a noob SDK user an I have a big problem with HL2, Source SDK, Steam & Co. I have a HL2 DVD, HL2 ripped version and sourcesdk.gcf ... how can I get it working... Where do I have to extract the files within sourcesdk.gcf to make hammer, hlmv etc. work ?
If I extract the bin content of the folder within sourcesdk.gcf to Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\User\Half-Life 2\bin it says error: "The procedure entry point Q_MakeAbsolutePath could not be located in the dynamic link library vtsdlib.dll"
Is there a way to get SDK working without using steam?
Thank you for reading this and please help...! :( :(

you cant get it to work without steam!
and by
I have a HL2 DVD, HL2 ripped version and sourcesdk.gcf
if your saying you downloaded ripped versions.. i tell you ( 2 bad it took you so long to download useless files)....

Half-Life2 from Amazon <--- here it only cost's 59.99$CA with tax's its 68.32$CA thats what i have reserved.

once you get it i will be more tthen honored to help you buddy :bounce:

msn: [email protected]

I've read somewhere on the net that SDK can't even be downloaded without registering HL2... I haven't registered HL2 because I have the oringinal DVD but not a CD-key. Is there a way to "give" a *.gcf file to steam so it can create the application? It might sound foolish but I don' have enough money to buy the original HL2. I was thinking about compiling maps with this SDK and testing them in the ripped HL2..... Could this be possible? (Hammer may only be run from steam, as far as I heard)

Thanks for reading this....!

Yeah, you're not going to get much* help here if you don't own a legit copy of the game.

[* - any]

We don't like to help people who pirate Half-life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back