Can't Run Map

LedZ38

Reaction score
I just started creating maps and I am experimenting with the Valve Hammer Editor.

I want to run the map but I am having this error.

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: D:\Program Files\Half Life 2 and Steam\SteamApps\ledz38\half-life 2 deathmatch

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "D:\MyFiles\Carl\My Documents\My Stuff\Textures\Resources\cool.map" "D:\Program Files\Half Life 2 and Steam\SteamApps\ledz38\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\cool.map"

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qcsg.exe
** Parameters: "D:\Program Files\Half Life 2 and Steam\SteamApps\ledz38\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\cool"

qcsg.exe v2.8 (Jan 31 2000)
---- qcsg ----
entering D:\Program Files\Half Life 2 and Steam\SteamApps\ledz38\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\cool.map
Entity 0, Brush 0: mixed face contentsCreateBrush: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...Entity 0, Brush 11: plane with no normal
(0)
CSGBrush: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9... (0)
WARNING: couldn't open \myfiles\carl\my documents\my stuff\textures\liquids.wad
0 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qbsp2.exe
** Parameters: "D:\Program Files\Half Life 2 and Steam\SteamApps\ledz38\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\cool"

qbsp2.exe v2.2 (Dec 28 1998)
---- qbsp2 ----
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
0 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\vis.exe

vis.exe v1.3 (Dec 30 1998)
---- vis ----
2 thread(s)
LoadPortals: couldn't read D:\Program Files\Half Life 2 and Steam\SteamApps\ledz38\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\cool.prt
No vising performed.

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qrad.exe

** Executing...
** Command: D:\PROGRA~1\HALFLI~1\STEAMA~1\ledz38\HALF-L~3\hl2.exe
** Parameters: -game ol +deathmatch 1 -console +sv_cheats 1 -particles 20000 -dev +map "cool"

It comes up with a pop up window that gives you the option to send an error report or don't send it.
Then another window comes up and says "gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in ol"

I don't know info about what you need to know because I'm a n00b when it comes to this software.

Also, how do you output the map to bsp format?

Please help me out

LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK

Not a good sign.

... You seem to be a bit confused. Which game are you trying to map for?

Raeven0 said:
... You seem to be a bit confused. Which game are you trying to map for?

To expand upon that. Source maps are .vmf files and aren't .map files

once u compile the bsp dusnt it have sum feature where it points out leaks to you.

twinsen said:
once u compile the bsp dusnt it have sum feature where it points out leaks to you.

I don't think his leaks are a major concern if he's using a HL1 editor to make HL2 maps.

oh right. lol;) y cant he just use hl2 editor like every1 else.

The fgd file that I used was under a folder called "Half Life." I assumed that that folder was for half life 1, 2, and deathmatch.

I am trying to make a level for half life 2 deathmatch.

The fdg's go in sourcesdk/bin
And selecting Half-Life 2: Deathmatch as the current game in the Source SDK menu should set up hammer properly for you.
There are tutorials out there on customizing the settings in hammer.

His compiler is running a CSG executable. He must be using the wrong version of Hammer.

The correct version must be attained through "Source SDK" in Steam's Play Games menu.

I am such a n00b. I forgot to make a player start point on the map.

... Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a smiley for "banging my head repeatedly against my desk."

Like so?

Attachments

• 001_bangdesk.gif
    001_bangdesk.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 001_banghead.gif
    001_banghead.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 231
Yes, that's exactly what's needed in this situation. Thanks.

You. Cannot. Make. HL2. Maps. With. A. HL1. Editor. And. Compiler.

Clear enough, or should I make it bigger?

Back