Can't select rocket launcher? (Half Life 2) Glitch/bug?

Woodlehh

Reaction score
Hey everyone, bit late to just be starting this game now I know, but anyway.

So I've played up through Highway 17 to the lighthouse and I just need to finish off the gunship, however, I don't have a rocket launcher. Or rather, I have the rocket launcher, I just can't select it.

I haven't no-clipped or anything out of the standard boundaries, I simply can't select the rocket launcher after I'm given it.

It doesn't appear on the weapon select menu and therefore I can't use it, and hence I can't destroy the damn gunship and move on :(

Any suggestions? :/

Check for ammo, otherwise retry an earlier save before given the rocket launcher.

I have :/

I went back to the guy who gives you the rocket launcher, immediately switched weapon after he gave it to me and I can't re-select the rocket launcher :/

Is there an update or something that could fix this?

Options -> keyboard. Make sure you didn't accidentally unbind the button (whichever number key it's supposed to be) from the weapons select menu. Have you tried selecting it using your mousewheel?

Unfortunately I haven't unbinded any key and using the mouse wheel doesn't help either, it just goes through all the weapons which I could previously see anyway.

I'm using an xbox 360 controller as a gamepad, does this make a difference?

I don't understand why the rocket launcher would simply not be there on the weapon select menu, I know it's supposed to be just past the shotgun on the left, but it's simply not there :/

I have no idea. That's a really odd bug. Sorry :(

You only have one more weapon (or maybe two???) to acquire, so this won't break the game too much - in console, try sv_cheats 1 and then impulse 101. This command will give you all the weapons.

I think if he uses that cheat it might prevent him progressing once he gets to the point where he needs to get the bugbait.

Back