Catalyst 5.3's out.

already? damn that was pretty fast...hmm nm i jsut checked its been about a month

Woah, was just gonna make thread about these. I wonder if they fixed some of the CS:S problems that I was getting when I went from 5.1 to 5.2. I think I'm just going to stick with good old 5.1 because I dont feel like reinstalling the 5.1s if the 5.3s are bad.

- sigh -

i just took my 9800 xt to be repaired and i don't have my machine with my x800 :<

I already have CCC but do i need to reintall it or just put in the new drivers because when I go to advance install it has three options ati drivers,ccc,WDM. I installed ati drivers and the WDM. I'm I missing out on a new Feature because i did not install the CCC. Get back to me on that.

heh. I remember when people would complain that ATi's drivers sucked and were never released with any regularity....

LOOKING said:
I already have CCC but do i need to reintall it or just put in the new drivers because when I go to advance install it has three options ati drivers,ccc,WDM. I installed ati drivers and the WDM. I'm I missing out on a new Feature because i did not install the CCC. Get back to me on that.

I;m not really sure all what to uninstall either. Hopefully someone can clear it up.

I know you have to uninstall the controll panel first, and then the drivers

basically the driver has to be the last thing you uninstall.

I've never had any problems, getting games to work .
NOT sure if Hydravision and multimedia center need to be uninstalled or what.

would be nice if the old drivers were uninstalled as you install your new drivers in the one program

Havent noticed a performance boost in any game yet, but thanks for informing me of the new drivers :)

Im having problems with my 5.3 drivers
Nothing MAJOR MAJOR but still enough to piss me off

Ever since I installed 5.3 I'm getting error messages when I start up. Has something to do with CLI.exe. Anyone know what it could be? My games run fine so nothing wrong there. I still think it's strange tho.

EDIT I just became an Ant Lion Guard, cool!

me too

halflifeguy said:
Im having problems with my 5.3 drivers
Nothing MAJOR MAJOR but still enough to piss me off

Wath kind of problems exactly?

Shakermaker said:
Ever since I installed 5.3 I'm getting error messages when I start up. Has something to do with CLI.exe. Anyone know what it could be? My games run fine so nothing wrong there. I still think it's strange tho.

EDIT I just became an Ant Lion Guard, cool!

CLI.exe, Do you have Norton antivirus?
I think CLI.exe was something to do with that.

westie said:
CLI.exe, Do you have Norton antivirus?
I think CLI.exe was something to do with that.

CLI.exe is part of the CCC (Catalyst Control Center) and two of them should be running in task manager. Also the error will happen if you dont have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed.

Back