Cellphones

Fliko

Reaction score
I've finally convinced my parents to go ahead and get a family plan on TELUS, I'd end up getting an old old cellphone from around 2000, very very basic.
I've also got a job, so I was hoping to perhaps go ahead and get a nice, full of feature cellphone, something that is perferably small, and stylish.

I was hoping you guys could suggest a nice, good cellphone that is packed with features, and will work on a Telus Mobile plan.

BTW
Price range shouldn't be a problem

I have never heard of the Telus plan ....sounds interesting

well i live in the us so all we have is alltel, verison, etc etc. but i have the RAZR V3 and I have to say i like it. the ringtones are nice and clear the video it takes is awesome and the pictures come out nice and pretty. you can even take a 1024x760 pixel, or was it 1280x1024 ....cant remember but you can take a high quality shot!

If the RAZR can take 1024x768 pics, I'd buy it for that. D:

Hmm, I'm leaning towards the Samsung SGH T509, but I dunno if it is supported by TELUS Mobility..

Trying to find out, but I'm new to the cellphone buisness.

The Samsung SGH T509 is not supported on the TELUS network. TELUS uses CDMA. The network the SGH supports is GSM.
In other words, they are incompatible.

Ahh, okay

I'm now looking at the Nokia 6265i, I'd get the RAZR, but, I don't know what version to get honestly, and some of the reviews I've heard have been bad. That, and I've also read that the RAZR doesn't support IM

Ahh, okay

I'm now looking at the Nokia 6265i, I'd get the RAZR, but, I don't know what version to get honestly, and some of the reviews I've heard have been bad. That, and I've also read that the RAZR doesn't support IM
TBH, I have the RAZR. Its decent. I mean nothing fancy at all. Then again I'm using it on Verizon, and it bogs down everything the RAZR can do with the Verizon UI. I'd honestly get that Nokia over the RAZR. I just need a different phone. I mean everyone in my area has it because it is the style. It annoys me. Once Verizon releases their new phones later in the year, I can finally say bye bye to this piece.

The T509 supports Fido though...

Fido can call CDMA networks right?

This proves I live a sheltered life in the world of phones

Your operator can controll which phones you use?

That's strange. In Finland, as long as your phone is GSM, it will work.

my RAZR supports IM... too clumsy to IM on a cell though.

Uhg. The RAZR is so whorish... another bandwagon thing. My friend has one, and seriously it's thin, yes, but very, very wide.

Aye, but TELUS Mobility doesn't seem to offer much small phones, unless you have a suggestion

*without reading anything in the topic :p*
I've got a Verizon Motorola V325, and it's been serving me well for quite awhile.

I just switched from Nextel, which I have to say is officially the worst cell phone company ever.
I got horrible reception no matter where I went, hell the only reason I had a Nextel was for the walkie.

But now I must say that walkie phones are incredibly annoying.

Nokia phones are the best. Motorola phones tend to be the worst, with poorly deisgned interfaces and a host of other problems.

(No offence meant to owners in this thread)

Nokia phones are the best. Motorola phones tend to be the worst, with poorly deisgned interfaces and a host of other problems.

(No offence meant to owners in this thread)

Meh, I have no qualms with mine.
The interface is slick and easily accessible, the fact that you can assign shortcuts on the directional pad makes it all the more simpler.

And the fact that I can play Sonic the Hedgehog and Doom on it makes it well worth the buy. :p

So many Motorola haters. D:

Really, what's so bad about them?

Yeah, there awesome phones, just not compatible with TELUS Mobility.

I'm currently looking at other options, but I just got a major cut on work hours for no reason

Back