Censor Request

WhiteZero

Tank
Reaction score
Can we please get a censor put on for www.***********.com
People are putting adverts in their sigs to get people to fall into this pyramid scheme so that they can try to get free stuff.
:sniper: [sig adverts]

Thanks

But these things actually work... Even though they are difficult to do.

Why censor it?

My friend won a Nintendo DS off of one of these. :D

When people make threads about these kinds of things, they get deleted. Putting this crap in your sig is no different... infact, it's worse.

WhiteZero said:
When people make threads about these kinds of things, they get deleted. Putting this crap in your sig is no different... infact, it's worse.
I agree with you on the thread thing, but there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with putting it in your sig. It can only help people.

These things aren't scams... Like I said, my friend won a DS...

What is the problem? Why is it "worse" to put it in your sig?

http://www.halflife2.net/index.php?page=rules
Advertising

Advertising on the HalfLife2.net forums is very much something we will always be willing to at least consider. If you have something to advertise on the forum then please just ask us first. It’s common courtesy, and no matter what it is you’re advertising, if you haven’t asked permission, we will remove your post and issue you with a warning. Repeat offenders will be banned.
If they asked, then thats cool.
Other adverts, such as this one, have been censored.
What is the problem? Why is it "worse" to put it in your sig?
Because instead of just having 1 thread that gets locked and forgotten about, it apprears 100x more.

Okay, it is very clear I can't sway your opinion.

Can we get someone elses thoughts on this?

Maybe even a mod to clarify this advertising rule?

Thats the idea of this thread, to have it evaluated by a staff member.
:thumbs:

Considering the scheme actually works... why not?

No, it isn't. The other staff may not agree with me. That's just my personal opinion of it.

In the sig, its only one line, your eyes can pass over it imo, much like you pass over CB's crappy sig ;) So unless it goes over the 4 lines, i personally am not bothered if people put links to their pyramid scheme in their sigs. It does help the community get new stuff, so its got to be good, hasn't it?

Ask yourself this question:

1) If it's in the signature, do you have to click it?
2) ...does it hurt you in any way?
3) ...does it cause a big problem that it's there?
4) ...is it immoral? (It's a scheme that's been proven that works...!)

I answer all four of those questions with a no, and to be honest I don't see how anyone else can answer yes to them.

Current staff vote says censor it, so I've done it - it might change later though :)

Was just reading this thread and:

Starmonkey: Where in Essex do you live? im also in Essex.

Oldagerocker: I goto Ports Uni too, what yr are you in / course?

Im on BA/Computer Animation Yr 2

Mat.

Little village near Maldon :)

The link is censored. Unless this thread was made a long time ago

Back