Challenging enough?

C

closer101

I have not played the game yet, but I'm a bit concerned about gamespot saying that quote" Half-Life 2 is a surprisingly easy game, even on the tougher difficulty levels".

For those of you who have been playing the game, do you find this to be the case? Also on what difficulty level are you playing, or what setting do you recommend to the average fps gamer to play on?

I'm playing it on Normal, and i have died a few times..nothing major though.

It's not as easy as they seem to let on however, at least in my opinion.

The game is easy in a sence, i mean i been playing it loads and i have been getting through it, but you dont play it like a game. I have really been getting into it, you have to dive for cover and use your wit. If you just run in all guns blazing you WILL die!

Enemies don't do that much damage. Painful looking weapons like the helicopter's gun barely doesn't do enough damage to make me fear it.

Poison hc's bring your hp to 1 but they're not too bad to deal with. Fast zombies are really annoying but don't do enough damage.

It's like D3 - when imps are only doing 7 dmg to you, it's not that scary.

I havnt ever played a "hard" game. Hl2 is perfect dont worry about what people say. It will blow you away.

HL2 is an easy game, even on 'hard'. Infact they could add another 2-3 difficulty settings on top of hard without making it too challenging.

But i'm only on level 9/14 - so I guess it could get real tough towards the end?

Back