Changing a simple animated background.

Andokool12

Reaction score
Yeah, this may be a noob question, but I just can't figure it out! :/

In games such as portal or hl2 lost coast where the background is animated, it appears it substitutes the gui background for a camera angle on a running singleplayer game. Sadly, this Lost Coast background is used for a mod started with the source sdk, so any custom backgrounds you have made only appear while the game is loading. Once it's loaded, it goes to "live feed" of the lost coast map, then the only time you see your background again is when you start and then exit a server.

Is there some kind of code I can autoexec so that it stops the animated background or what?

PLAH sorry I made this post... Few minutes after posting this I took a shot in the dark and in the autoexec I wrote "wait; disconnect" and it worked.

*EDIT*
Nope, spoke too soon... That only worked for portal, I was foolish enough to think there was an EASY fix for a mod. Instead all it did was show the side of the non-textured player model and when I typed disconnect again the background was just blank.

You can run the game with
Code:
-console
in the launch options. That should stop it from loading. Not sure if this is what you want.

You can run the game with
Code:
-console
in the launch options. That should stop it from loading. Not sure if this is what you want.

-_- I can already run the game with the console without needing that in the launch info.

So now with wait; disconnect, it doesn't even do anything @_@. I'll try the +map none I guess.

Found it odd how it works with portal but not with mods... They should all just use regular backgrounds anyways.

Back