Chaos Ops, Too many weapons to list :)

Short_Fuse

Reaction score
Hey all ive been commenting on people models here for awhile now though i might give you guys a chance to get me back.

Im a 3D modeller/mesher over at Chaos Ops. We are pumpin out new stuff almost daily. So come over check our Forums and sign up.

Right to the models. All models shown here are created by me, theres heaps more here. Enjoy.

First up is my M16 family, top to bottom.

M16A4 : Scope+Bipod
M16A2 : M203
M16A4 : Double Clip
M4A1 : MiniScope+Silencer

M16Family.jpg

M16A4 with Scope and Bipod
M16Sniper.jpg

M16A2/M203
M203.jpg

Mac10
Mac10.jpg

P90
P90.jpg

Spas12
Spas12.jpg

And lastly this is a little high poly work i though i might just show off. USP Match 16000 poly's
USP.jpg

Some of it looks quite blocky, but I'm sure it will look fine when textured :)

They are all around 2000-3000 polys. And they will look bloody beautiful with skins, which are being worked on now.

ye chaos ops is one of the only mods I have seen so far with some class people on its team. If the models frelect the gameplay (havn't looked at concept) then your game might make it out as another natural-selection :D

Originally posted by IchI
ye chaos ops is one of the only mods I have seen so far with some class people on its team. If the models frelect the gameplay (havn't looked at concept) then your game might make it out as another natural-selection :D

wtf do u mean there are many othe mods that have good teams.

anyways i dont really like these weapons they look kind of odd nice usp tho .

nar the weapons skinned on there site are l33t.

They looks great, but one little crit. unless you have pictures that show that config, i hting you have the m16a4 w/scope wrong.
One the M16a4, the piccany flat top reciver on the barrel is under the standard carring handle. To mount a scope, you'd remove the carrying handle and add the scope on the rail.

flap_top.jpg

the fact that any game with real time weapons is classed as a CS clone is stupid. tbh i dought very much if anyone could even intentionally copy CS well. The fact that its on a totally different engine and will feel and play a lot different not matter what game it is. People who say think that any game with normal day weapons is a CS clone is stupid. They are onyl weapons for god sake.]

I havn't actually read there concept so don;t actually know if its a cs clone. But u can't clone CS. thats a fact.

nar the weapons skinned on there site are l33t.

lol u mean the 2 models that are skinned the glock skin is the worst i have everr seen

the fact that any game with real time weapons is classed as a CS clone is stupid. tbh i dought very much if anyone could even intentionally copy CS well. The fact that its on a totally different engine and will feel and play a lot different not matter what game it is. People who say think that any game with normal day weapons is a CS clone is stupid. They are onyl weapons for god sake.]

I havn't actually read there concept so don;t actually know if its a cs clone. But u can't clone CS. thats a fact.

You cant? You really make no sense.

I underlined your mistakes for ya.

the fact that any game with real time weapons is classed as a CS clone is stupid. tbh i dought very much if anyone could even intentionally copy CS well. The fact that its on a totally different engine and will feel and play a lot different missing a few words here not matter what game it is. People who saythis makes no sense think that any game with normal day weapons is a CS clone is people ARE not people IS stupid. They are onyl only weapons for god's sake.]

I havn't haven't or have not actually read there their concept so don;t don't actually know if its it is or it's a cs clone. But u can't clone CS. thats that's or that is a fact.

I find it ironic how some guys say other "people is" stupid when their own posts look like this...

I like the models though, let me know if you need help modeling prefabs and non-weapon stuff.

the p90 can use a bit more smoothing in the handgrip area

most likely brazil if u go on to the firearms page they will give u a few tuts on how to render like that.

I looked again and the p90 definatly needs some more poly's. and detail. even the laracroft guns (H&K USP match) has more poly's

Ok some one said "Just because it has real present day weapons doesnt make it a CS clone". Your dead on i hate CS and i wouldnt be working on this if it was just CS on HL2. Read the story on the site before making assumptions please.

I'll work on the P90 a bit cause its quite low poly as it is so i'll smoth the handles a bit. According to the refernce pic i used for the Mac10 yes the trigger guard is real fat. But i'll make it smaller.

Of course the USP Match is much more poly's. I said it was just a side high poly project. It 16000 poly's far to much for ingame.

hehe ow.. I guess I missed that highpoly USP match thingy hehe.. bad reading from me.. srry

In general, any mod with the same old weapons and counter-terrorists/SWAT/police in "realistic, team-based tactical combat" is close enough to a CS clone to me. I don't want to play a part in derailing this thread so I'll just leave it at that.

The weapons look pretty good to me. They're a little basic and could stand some more detailing, but they're pretty solid. The only thing that pops out to me as being wrong is the handle on the SPAS. It looks to me like it's all just extruded from the same spline, and it doesn't look very good at all.

Here's a small image to help you out. Sorry about the size and quality, but it's all that I have on hand.

spas12.jpg

Ok i see what you mean ^^ But remember you wont see thoughs parts ingame so there is no point to making them extremly detailed. You may get a quick flash of i while an animation is playing though. But hey no ones perfect.

The models look pretty nice other than some inaccuracies.

So uhh...why do you guys need 93 weapons?

Originally posted by ankalar
The models look pretty nice other than some inaccuracies.

So uhh...why do you guys need 93 weapons?

Why not, why do weapons in a game have to be limited. Sure some will be almost the same accuracy/power but atleast they'll look different :p

The different thing is the amoutn of weapons avaliable. Also this is only weapons, gameplay is the major difference.

Well, it's pointless to have that many weapons. It's also a waste of time and effort to make 93 weapon models.

Yes Sir we'll cut them back to CS weapons only. Anyway i posted to get crits on my models so far not much.

Ok, I alreadt posted this, but you apaerntly missed it, They looks great, but one little crit. unless you have pictures that show that config, i hting you have the m16a4 w/scope wrong.
One the M16a4, the piccany flat top reciver on the barrel is under the standard carring handle. To mount a scope, you'd remove the carrying handle and add the scope on the rail.

Not necessarily. As far as I know, there are several different types of scopes that are designed to fit on top of the carrying handle. I can't find a picture at the moment, but to my knowledge they do exist.

hrm... you might be right, but to my knowledge the point of haveing the piccany reciver on top was to allow the use of the scopes and such w/ the handle.

Yo man, whoever did those models, did a fricking amazing job. With texturing and skins it will look ten times better!

nice models, I've seen most of them before on another forum.

my biggest critique is your smoothing groups. If you take full advantage of the smoothing groups your models won't look so blocky and low poly. Your P90 and M203 grenade launcher need smoothing groups the most. Your M16 and M4 barrels would also make good use of them also.

my other critique is your front handgrips. I just think they don't look right. They look like a simple cylinder that has been scaled on one end. A little more detail on the grip would be nice.

a good model with smoothing and detail should look like this. Its only around 2000 polys but looks amazing in my opinion.

m16_eod.jpg

Back