Chaos Ops, Too many weapons to list :)

Originally posted by IchI
the fact that any game with real time weapons is classed as a CS clone is stupid. tbh i dought very much if anyone could even intentionally copy CS well. The fact that its on a totally different engine and will feel and play a lot different not matter what game it is. People who say think that any game with normal day weapons is a CS clone is stupid. They are onyl weapons for god sake.]

I havn't actually read there concept so don;t actually know if its a cs clone. But u can't clone CS. thats a fact.

If you take the CS Install file, copy and paste it, you have cloned it :dozey:

Hey dude how bout you dont post your own models in my thread please. Make your own :). Also yours is an M16 orginal, there are difference apart from the ugly triangle grip, mines an M16A2.

Also the smoothin groups, yeah i'll get too it. Plus theres not much point as most of em are skinned now.

"They look like a simple cylinder that has been scaled on one end" Um thats exactly what it is LOL, how else am i gonna do it. If you want each indivdual hole and grip ring then your nuts cause that ridulously high poly.

Heres one skinned
M4A1-1.jpg

1. The skin is pretty good, but it could still use some work. I like how you made it blue, it gives it some flavor. The skin is really lacking in the detail and lighting department though. It's extremely blotchy/cloudy.

2. You have posted your models in other people's threads multiple times, I don't think you should be talking.

No offense, but the skin is really medicore. You faked highlights in the skin, and while it might look decent for the render, when it interacts with other lights the modle with look extreemlty bloctchy and poory skinned. use a specular map for that.

No offense, but the skin is really medicore. You faked highlights in the skin, and while it might look decent for the render, when it interacts with other lights the modle with look extreemlty bloctchy and poory skinned. use a specular map for that.

Thanks for the crits. It aint my skin by the way. BS ive posted in others threads.

Also can i see some links to your guys work ? Just for comparison.

opps, sry bout double posts... didn't see it and i can't delete :/
I'm not a skinner personally, but ankalar has some mazing skins...

just so everyone knows (I thought people explained it better after I posted the image) but that model isn't mine. Its from a guy named SaS.Stu who modelled for CS for a long time (seen his work before), then moved on for a short period of time to EOD (a BF1942 mod).

I'd show you a couple of models I've done, but they're not up to my expectations yet.

I agree that the skin looks really blotchy and takes away from the quality of the model.

Oh ya, and if you ever want to get the hang of smoothing and make your renders look even nicer I suggest following this tutorial. It taught me a lot and looks like it could really help your rendering quality.

http://www.gibbageart.com/smooth.htm

Back