Chaos Theory

ktimekiller

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Ok, lets get this down first, i am a stealth fan, i always like being stealthy in games, i love steath games, i palyed both splinter cells before this, loved them, and i want the third one. the problem i got is, does it have problems with some computers? like pandora tmorrow did? cause it had lots of computer problems, and i dont want to get it, just to find out it doesnt work, and cant return it for being a pc game. another thing im worried about is the multiplayer, i liked the pandora tmorrow's multiplayer, it was cool, but it wasnt THAT great. is it fun? is it exciteing? ive heard it has got rid of alot of stealthy gene and replaced with more action, is it still stealthy enough? ive been wanting this game ever sense it was announced, please help me

EDIT: i am mainly worried about it not working on my machine, does chaos theory have same problem as pandora tmorrow?

starforce3 i heard causes problem with dvd drives, with the dvd packaged cds, i dont have a dvd drive, so i dont think ill have problem, and there is a dvd and a non dvd one right?

i need help please, i dont want to get it to find out it doesnt work

Well I didn't have any problems, except for some reason the cd key was printed on the dvd itself (meaning I had to quit the installation, take out the disk, copy down the key and restart the installation). And they have two cd keys, one on the cd and another on the manual. You need the one on the manual to play multiplayer, so since I've lost my manual I can't play online :( Screw Ubisoft

Yes there is a dvd and a CD version of the game...

Make sure your comp meets the min specs and it should work okay for you (though you won't get the great graphics if you are min spec)... There is now Co-Op which is doing missions with two spies... Great fun on a LAN!!! Obviously with that, it's all stealth...

MercsVsSpies is still heavily action I think, though it depends on the spies really to set the mood/pacing (I've played some rounds where they were action-orientated and kicked ass... but I've also played spies who were all about stealth and were good at it, and kicked ass...)

I wouldn'y know if it worked well on P.C's cos i have it on Xbox. But I can tell you it is definatley a great game. It is slightly less stealthy than the other two (which I also have) but it is certainly worth getting
P.S OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT

nullsome guy said there is no cd version, is tyhis true? can anyone tell me otherwise that they HAVE the cd version? cause i dont have a dvd drive

Hmmmm I just looked on Ubi's site... I guess there is no CD version... Wouldn't hurt to call up your local game shop though.

It's a great game, the graphics are awesome, and there is a lot more humor in this one. Love it. :)

The only problem I've ever had was that it kept screwing up at startup, but it seems better after a couple of patches.

The co-op was awesome gameplay, but the versus part was kinda boring...

boring? i think its the best part of it. very tense if you play against a good team

I've got it for Xbox, awesome game :) I'm thinking of getting it for PC for multiplayer co-op (i've not got xbox live) but i'm not sure if it'll work on my PC..

i believe its on DVD........
when i bought it in the store the guy never asked me if i wanted the DVD or CD versions

Can any of you tell me how the hell you play Co-Op? I've triede everything now and nothing works! I can chat with people in the menu, but I can't join any of the games... it sucks!

SHIPPI said:
I've got it for Xbox, awesome game :) I'm thinking of getting it for PC for multiplayer co-op (i've not got xbox live) but i'm not sure if it'll work on my PC..

well i'd be careful because the co-op isn't working to its best at the minute..***ns like ass and a lot of connection problems

I had no problems with the game at all, including frame rate which, on my mid level system, suprised me. I got it the day it came out and even without patches it ran without hitch.

I never got into VS mode.

I ran SCCT fine with lower sys reqs, with some bugs or problems (obviously with less than min specs). I found coop a good idea. If Ubi got off their lazy arse and released real patches, MP would be really playable.

Single Player is where it's at.

Back