Characters to die...(Episode 2 Spoilers)

Who is going to die in Episode 3...?

• Kleiner

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Magnusson

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Alyx

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Barney

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • D0G

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Gordon (?)

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Gman (?)

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • More than one or other (Please explain)

Votes: 32 22.5%

• Total voters
Killing things that were not really alive in the first place lacks emotional impact. Dog could always be rebuilt, any 'critical component X has been crushed, so be sad because he's dead' moment would just be poor.

People who will not die:

Kleiner.
Gordon.
Barney.

People who may die:

Alyx.
Dog.
Mossman.

Samon said it perfectly. My husband thinks Barney will die, but you can't kill Gordon's best friend!!! :( If Barney dies, I'll kill myself ;.;
If Barney dies will have to buy our own friggin beer when this whole mess is over with!! ;(

You should write for VALVe.

It's the most brilliant fucking thing I've read all week.

Also, nobody will die. Killing off characters is something they've said they take very lightly. After already knocking off Eli, I think another one might be too soon, and would feel like it was done for the mere sake of killing somebody.

It's the most brilliant fucking thing I've read all week.

Also, nobody will die. Killing off characters is something they've said they take very lightly. After already knocking off Eli, I think another one might be too soon, and would feel like it was done for the mere sake of killing somebody.

Why? I don't really get your and Samons point here, its a multi-universal war, where whole planets gets destroyed... People die all the time!

Why? I don't really get your and Samons point here, its a multi-universal war, where whole planets gets destroyed... People die all the time!
Not in action films they don't. It's a bad story telling technique when we have so few characters.

Yes, but not necessarily everybody around you. And as a work of fiction that isn't expected to conform fully with reality, Valve will focus on what is more effective story-wise.

I don't think having some quota of character deaths is all that effective. They should be suitably spaced apart and given room to sink in. Otherwise you risk diminishing their significance and it just seems formulaic.

i find it highly unlikely for almost all the characters on the poll to die (mabye thats jest my heart speaking) but i ges judith or alyx could be done along with dog unfortenitly :(

The one that im sure almost wont happen is gordan freeman beacuse of the fact that Valve while be making more half lifes (or half lives). I bet that near the end gordan will run around a corner for some reason and a sniper while be like BOoM HEADSHOT! And when the bullet is inches away from Gordans Head, G-Man while com in a bit disapointed that you could be caught of guard (considering g-man puta alot of high hopes in gordan, like hes his hitman or something). Then you get teleported back to the train with the teleporter from half life 1 and g-man while ask "Our benafactors have decided to give you one last chance, mister freeman, will you take it or not?" if you do step throught the teleporter, then you go back to the sniper place 5 inches away from the bullet and you shoot a smg round into the window, if you dont go through the teleporter then you get teleported back to where you were and the sniper bullet goes into your head ;(

but thats jest my thought (iv got like ten thousand more).

laughing out loud.

i find it highly unlikely for almost all the characters on the poll to die (mabye thats jest my heart speaking) but i ges judith or alyx could be done along with dog unfortenitly :(

The one that im sure almost wont happen is gordan freeman beacuse of the fact that Valve while be making more half lifes (or half lives). I bet that near the end gordan will run around a corner for some reason and a sniper while be like BOoM HEADSHOT! And when the bullet is inches away from Gordans Head, G-Man while com in a bit disapointed that you could be caught of guard (considering g-man puta alot of high hopes in gordan, like hes his hitman or something). Then you get teleported back to the train with the teleporter from half life 1 and g-man while ask "Our benafactors have decided to give you one last chance, mister freeman, will you take it or not?" if you do step throught the teleporter, then you go back to the sniper place 5 inches away from the bullet and you shoot a smg round into the window, if you dont go through the teleporter then you get teleported back to where you were and the sniper bullet goes into your head ;(

I sincerely hope you're joking. because I laughed so hard.

Claire .... whoops, wrong thread.

I guess it will be Judith Mossman, another heroic and sad death scene.

God, I hate bullets going into my head.

Dude, the majority are taking the piss out of you if you didn't realise because of the hilarity of your grammer combined with the hilarity of your ideas and the way you present them, to put it bluntly.

Dude, the majority are taking the piss out of you if you didn't realise because of the hilarity of your grammer combined with the hilarity of your ideas and the way you present them, to put it bluntly.

yeah i usualy get told that alot on forums, i have realy bad grammer, im like a rapa yo my DOG!

o and someone mind telling me who Tower is? From half life 1 or something cause i dont remmember someone named Tower!?

All the main characters of Half-Life will have a massive orgy and then they will all die of AIDS! That would be some game.

All the main characters of Half-Life will have a massive orgy and then they will all die of AIDS! That would be some game.

I SECOND THAT! lol, seriously though I don't think barney should die until i get my friggin' beer!:flame:

I think it would be to predictable for Mossman to die, so I voted Barney. He is a hero type, and with all the danger he gets into, it seams likely.

But did the engineer say he was going to buy the "whole damn bar"
Thus, Episode Three ends in a remote drinking establishment called 'The Engineer Rooms' where you meet the grizzled old Black Mesa veterans and Barney for a drink whilst the G-Man karaokes 'Funky Town' to a heckling crowd of Scientists and Vortiguants. After the credits roll, you get a bonus scene where Dr Magnusson is ejected from the bar for throwing a bottle of piss at Kliener during a rendition of 'Killing Me Softly'. He vows to start his own Resistance-themed tavern with his delcious home brewed 'Magnusson's On Ice' before passing out in a puddle and mumbling about the Biozeminades that whispered in his ear, telling him to tamper with the sample back at Black Mesa. The commentary track hints at the upcoming sequel Half-Life 3: Geiger's Counterattack.

I think it is completely pointless killing Magnusson off so early. He hasnt had time to build a decent relationship with the player. It wouldnt be a smart move like killing Eli was. We all had got to know Eli and saw him as a father figure in the game, killing him was a plain obvious and brilliant idea. Magnusson is just stupid...

I think Mossman's gonna die. There doesn't seem to be many other relevant choices. There's a chance that Barney might, but then again, he might not even appear. They could have some horrendous teleporter incident in which Magnusson gets in with Uriah and at the other side Magnusson is like a mutilated Half-Vortigaunt. Even scarier would be Uriah ending up Half-Magnusson.

i havent been on in a while and i have noticed that barney has been getting to many votes.....

MR. Snuffels is not pleased.

and yeah mossman is gana get it right up the ass by an advisor, metaphorically speaking.

barney cant die- he's the last of the species of security guards- we need to clone him and bring back the mighty Black Mesa Security force, with their remarkable ability to never reload, kill highly trained marines and poor path finding skills

I think almost all of those characters, in time, will bite the dust. However, more relevant to the question, Mossman and/or Barney are probably next. It pains me to consider Barney's death because he is my favorite character, but he's been through a lot and he could have been wounded in Episode One's week-long fight.

If G-Man died before revealing all, I'd cry.

Gman will die; in the process revealing the true face of his employers

I say Mossman. Probably discovered by the combine and killed, or perhaps tortured to give them details on the location of the Borealis. Might find her dead/dying in one of those chairs you see in the train station at the start of HL2.

I also reckon that if someone does die, it will be close to the beginning of the episode.

Just a thought.

I really don't see a reason for eliminating a character in Episode 3, why do it for the sake of doing it. We just had some one eliminated in Episode 2 and I like to believe the reasoning behind loosing Eli was because the developers were trying to keep us on our toes, as well as let us know that nobody is safe from Marc Laidlaw's script.

Back