Check out what the US army will give its soldiers 10 years from now!!

Looks like Bush wants to seek for WMD's on Mars next :p
Farrowlesparrow said:
Well its pretty hard to respect your master and overlord when they are walking around in a light pink, with red frills around the edges.

We still respect Munro right?

So those two uniforms in that picture...are...new?

Like...the one on the right is what they'll be wearing in 2010? And the one on the left (Black one), is what they'll look like in 2020?

Or am I mis-understanding this?

Anyways, the black halo looking thing looks neat.

Since when has a uniform enhancement to better protect soldiers meant "OMFG ATTACKING MORE~!!11one"

I don't see the connection at all.

Looks f^ckin' bad, that's all that I have to say about that...

Im assuming the new uniforms will also feature the digital cammo...?

not sure about that but the black 2020 suit will be available in several different camo colours..

So in 20 years time when all the stuff they showcase now is actually really obsolete and looks like the silver suits of the 60's...What will they actually be wearing I wonder.

Those two guys in the new uniforms make me think of the "booth babes" from E3.

Its all just silly concept stuff anyway. :D
Its exactly the same thing as what car companies do: they think up a wild but possible idea that would look awesome and try and build it. They learn a lot about making new stuff, and the public loves to look at the final product. The army just happens to be in the business of soldiering.

RakuraiTenjin said:
Since when has a uniform enhancement to better protect soldiers meant "OMFG ATTACKING MORE~!!11one"

I don't see the connection at all.
More health points of course :naughty:

Yes I dont know about these ones... but chances are they will most likely be utilizing digital cammo. This means that despite its black appearance there, it will be able to adapt to any enviroment accessible to man and they will be able to have excellent camoflauge in a vast range of colors.

Alec_85 said:
Black clothes in a desert. Good thinking ;) Neither of them looks particularly good. But the weight loss was quite remarkable.

... the dont look good? ROFL... i'm sure that the military had higher fashion in mind when they thought of these suits but PRADA and GUCCI were already booked working on the battle suits for the french military. you stupid bastard. thank god your mother dosent read this form, she'd die of shame. freaking lily-girl.

Animal Mother said:
... the dont look good? ROFL... i'm sure that the military had higher fashion in mind when they thought of these suits but PRADA and GUCCI were already booked working on the battle suits for the french military. you stupid bastard. thank god your mother dosent read this form, she'd die of shame. freaking lily-girl.
I completly agree with you. What the hell is with everyone becoming such a fashion queen lately?

Animal Mother said:

what a nice way to introduce yourself to HL2.net community ...I give you a month before there's a "banned" next to your name

anyone else think that guy on the right looks a lot like marines from avp2?

anyway looks pretty and all i just hope it comes out on time and does everything they want it too. will save lives.

CptStern said:
what a nice way to introduce yourself to HL2.net community ...I give you a month before there's a "banned" next to your name

well i've been a member of this form for a LOONG time. (my original sn wahs phobia, and no it wasnt banned either) and while its true that i hardly ever post, i doubt there will be much cause for banning me. but anyways thanks for the welcome ;) . anyway, i think its funny that people are so concerned with how our boys look when they're getting shot at / killing people. and i guess i may have been kinda harsh but damn, we gotta grow some brains in this world or it will turn out no better than it is now.. oh hell there i go getting al philosophical again.

Animal Mother said:
well i've been a member of this form for a LOONG time. and while its true that i hardly ever post, i doubt there will be much cause for banning me. but anyways thanks for the welcome ;) . anyway, i think its funny that people are so concerned with how our boys look when they're getting shot at / killing people. and i guess i may have been kinda harsh but damn, we gotta grow some brains in this world or it will turn out no better than it is now.. oh hell there i go getting al philosophical again.

ya but his comment was pretty innocent, no need to call him stupid or a bastard

....i agree, and i guess thats the point. war -real war- is... not innocent. but thats a whole different tamale. oh and my bad... orginal sn here was digitla trauma. i'm a medic, so its a pretty funny sn, bec. in medical terms digital refers to your fingers, and trauma is well, injury... but digitla trauma USUALLY refers to hurting yourself while picking your nose. (rofl) it sounds so *leet* yet so freaking funny :smoking:

Back