Check this papa out

Uriel

Tank
Reaction score
It almost looks too good to be true, and I couldn't find any reviews.
Take a gander at it and tell me if there's anything I should be cautious about purchasing.

LINKZORZ!!!1111

It's not HDCP compliant. Thats only going to be a problem if you're going to be upgrading to Vista and using DX10.

I realize what it's kinda for...... if I don't get it, will I be restricted concerning DX10 or vista?
Reading it on Wiki, there's ways to bypass it I guess.

I'm not sure now. I was under the impression that you needed it for DX10. But as I read more into it, it looks like it's just for HD movie playback.

So what would be the best Bang for my Buck?
I have a 17 inch LCD
I work on a 19 Inch
But i wanna biggy, 22 inch widescreen.
That much dif between the 20.1 and the 22?

Wait, I thought you needed it just to use DX10. But, if not, great.

If to get the best picture quality possible. DX10 cards will still be able to connect to monitors with VGA or DVI inputs

Is there a huge benefit using a DVI connector?

I wouldn't use a VGA plug with an LCD. It would look a bit blurry compared to an all digital setup.
LCD's (digital) look best and sharpest with a DVI cord (digital).
CRTs and VGA cords are both analog.

A lot of LCDs come with the DVI cord anyway.

What about the contrast brightness ratio?
I'm familiar with response rate and all that.
What else do i need to look for?
Explain refresh rate.
Will that make a big dif?

Refresh rate won't make a big difference on LCDs. If you are in a brighter room then you will want a brighter LCD (so it doesn't look faded).

Don't go by the response ratio or contrast ratio numbers exactly to compare screens. Both can be misleading so use your own eyes to look at the screens or read website reviews to compare. You'd think a screen with a higher contrast ratio would offer more colors and smoother transitions but the spec only takes into account the difference between the highest and lowest color value. Doesn't matter how many colors the screen can actually display.

And response times can be measured different ways, so again... these numbers shouldn't be compared unless you know the screens you are looking at are both measured the same way and are the same type of LCD. Most LCDs have a good enough response times. Personally, I'd be more worried about colors (which is a draw back for LCDs over CRTs). The ghosting thing is mostly taken care of IMO.

Back