Checking CDKEY

K

kane_kane

Hi,
I've bought an orginal Half-Life 2 and had it installed. Unfortunatelly I lost my dvd-box with CDKEY inside! So, now i have hl2 installed but I'm going to format my hard drive and I wont be able to install it again despite the fact i paid for it. Is there any method to check my cdkey on existing hl2 in my system? I just have to check it and write down, otherwise I wont use the game which i paid for.

Does anybody know how to help me?

just reinstall steam and it will automatically recognise that you have the game registered and download it...

No it wont. I reinstalled HL2 on a new pc, with my same steam account, and I still got buffered through all the anti piracy measures.

Sorry bud, I don't think that Valve would make it that easy for somebody to pull your CD key out of your pc.

You don't need to know your CD key again. it's that simple.

You need to know your Steam username and password

i know my steam login and pass but if i dont know my cdkey i wont be ablo to reinstall the game after i format hard drive, that's my problem :(

Kane, kane, kane.

Once you reformat, re-install Steam, log into your account and you won't need your CD-key.

Trust me, d00d.

hmmmm i dont remamber if it needs cdkey while installing..... if it doesnt u r right. thx

It does not need the CD-key, when you originally install it, it asks for the CD key when you actually register it to your steam account. After that, you may never need it again.

You don't even need the HL2 DVD as you can download the game content from Steam once you've regged a CD key to it.

It's one of the perks of Steam

Yeah, but you still get the game.

Leave it on overnight.

Danimal said:
It does not need the CD-key, when you originally install it, it asks for the CD key when you actually register it to your steam account. After that, you may never need it again.

so, u mean that i will need it when connecting with my account after reinstalling? I had evrything done with the game now, i dont have cdkey (lost) will i have to use it?

Nooooo. You only register the cd-key to your account ONCE. Once that cd-key is tied to that Steam account it will be like that forever (unless you pay valve to undo it) so you never need to enter the cd-key again. I formatted 3 months ago so, trust me I know, I didn't have to dig out any cd-keys for my Valve games.

Steam Ties all of your CD KEYS to your STEAM ACCOUNT. So that way all you have to remember is your steam account, and youll Never need the cd key again.

yes and dont make the mistake of making a new account when you install it. then you will just be silly.

Back