Chell on front cover of Canard PC magazine

They had to make her look sexier so that gaming heads can make a statue of Chell that would sell for over $200:O
Haha, you really have your finger on the pulse of Valve business development. Jason Holtman could use someone like you.

So apparently Chell is now a full time inhabitant of the uncanny valley, but that's okay because she shows more skin and that makes her hotter, obviously. You know, it's not like her arm is connected to her shoulder like an action figure with bad joints, or her face is hanging over the valley by its fingers.

It could be a play on "C'est tout ce que j'aime", the French tagline for McDonald's, though that'd be a pretty terrible pun for a headline.

My favourite part of this news was finding out that France has a magazine called PC Duck.
Sorry for digging up this topic, but I am french and have the answer you are all praying for since 8 months :D

It's a play on "C'est celle que j'aime" which means "she is the one I love". Yes, I know, it is a terrible pun :cheese:
But you have to know that Canard PC, beside probably being the best french gamer magazine due its uncompromising tests, is based on third degree humor.

For example, on the screenshot in the first post, you can read "Nouvelle formule allégée: 20% de mensonge en moins !" which means :
"New lightweighted format: 20% less lies !"

(and by the way, it's named "Duck PC which is another pun since a "canard" means "duck" but is also slang for "newspaper" and "Canard WC" is a french well known product for cleaning toilets. Should I add that their mascot is a pink rabbit and that at first it was a testicle ?)

Sorry for digging up this topic, but I am french and have the answer you are all praying for since 8 months :D

It's a play on "C'est celle que j'aime" which means "she is the one I love". Yes, I know, it is a terrible pun :cheese:
But you have to know that Canard PC, beside probably being the best french gamer magazine due its uncompromising tests, is based on third degree humor.

For example, on the screenshot in the first post, you can read "Nouvelle formule allégée: 20% de mensonge en moins !" which means :
"New lightweighted format: 20% less lies !"

(and by the way, it's named "Duck PC which is another pun since a "canard" means "duck" but is also slang for "newspaper" and "Canard WC" is a french well known product for cleaning toilets. Should I add that their mascot is a pink rabbit and that at first it was a testicle ?)
Thread resurrections are totally fine if you have something this interesting / bizarre to say.

I love the crazy things the French do, thank you for filling in for our ignorance. From memory I believe on april fools day the french make paper fish and stick them on their backs, I can't explain that one either!

Back