chrome hounds demo [from xblive].

destrukt

Reaction score
there are 2 levels, one where you're a 'soldier' and one as a 'sniper' - you just have different weapons basically.

i'm thoroughly disapointed, and i was really hoping for a good mech game since there is yet to be one since mechwarrior 3.

the missions where pretty boring, like, the lost planet demo was kind of fun, this one is just meh. :x

the mechs look excellent, as do the explosions but the environment, buildings, little men on the ground who you can squash look pretty bad, like, xbox1 quality.

also, it just doesn't have a good 'feel' to it.. it just feels plain or something, i can't quite put my finger on it.

in the demo when you hit start, all it does is pause it.. that's it, you can't choose exit mission, options or anything, so if you want to quit you have to hold down back and detonate your own mech.

i'll rent it out, but i'm definently not buying it straight away.

Thats too bad, but not altogether surprising either. I tell you, the really good games are just not there right now. Content is meh. You simply have to love all of the demos you can get with XBL though--what a phenomenally great idea!

yeah, whoever thought of, or told the xblive team to have demos available should get a medal.

i've downloaded like 7 demos so far, with more on the way.. i need a bigger hard drive though, i have like 4gb left i think (thanks to demos, videos, graw chap2 and ripping music). :x

I was looking forward to the multiplayer which sounded really fun. I'm just going to wait for some reviews to see if that part of the game is any good. I couldn't stand mechassaults single player but I loved the multiplayer.

Do not judge the full game based on the demo - it's missing the two greatest selling points of the game, which is the online mode and the mech building. That said, I still enjoyed it.

well, i only judged the sp missions, though i'm really hoping sp is more fun and if it isn't mp is good (and it sounds good so far).

i'm 'so-so' about mech building, in mech3 and previous mech games it was fun and useful, but i was just more of a fan of the actual gameplay.

checked eb last night while doing some shopping, they have the pre-release boxes and what not, so it should be out soon. :)

For some reason the demo isn't available to USA or Canada yet, so I'll have to wait to play it... :-\

just gotta wait until midnight for offpeak... bloody caps!! (in brisbane too)

Back