City 13 - Media Update

M1RAG3

Reaction score
The City 13 mod team recently released several great new weapon model renders. Thatamos also sends word that the team is working extremely hard to create amazing gameplay. Although a huge deal has been accomplished, the team is looking to add some more coders to their ranks.[br]

[br]For any interested coders that want to join the team, or for those that just want to take a closer look at what the mod is all about, head on over to their site here.

Wow nice screens this time round from them

Nice pix... That second pic (textured) looks kinda cel shaded? Or maybe it's just getting late... :S

its good they are not going for "realistic guns" .....like supposed to be the world we live in now, cos that sa80 is quite different in many respects to a real one, if they were going for a realistic gun mod i would laugh at that model.

I know many people on this mod team, and they are incredibly talented. If they can pull it off, it will blow your mind.

-=[Warning This is a Constructive Post]=-

The second pic of the textured gun looks like it just needs a little more finishing touches. It reminds me too much of an mp5 for CS 1.6. Granted it would probably look better in game because of the shaders but if it was maybe a lighter color, or some scratch marks, something to give it life or character.

Yeah but the mp5 in 1.6 was, in my opinion, the best looking smg in the game.

it's cuz it's the hk21e was created by the same people. if you go look at the ref pictures of it out there, it has the exact same "textures" as the mp5

and I beleive the sa80 there is the same model used by the royal marines ;)

Constructive crit: That first weapon model looks like it has intracate cuts modelled into the grips, you should try and avoid doing stuff like that, the skin is plenty for details like that, no need increasing the polycount, you know? And you could even make a normal map for that weapon, http://developer.nvidia.com/object/melody_home.html I'm not totally sure how to do this, but there are tutorials such as this one http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=20424 that may give you a good idea. If you're using max 7, then this tutorial will help a lot. If not, find a tutorial for melody and follow the basic instructions from that max 7 tutorial

Back