City-17 don't exist...

She

Reaction score
Think about it..
City-17 is just a location Valve uses to show off HL-2's engine and graphics..

What if, when you start the game, there is an entirely different story & locations.. The characters are the same.. but everything is WAAY cooler...

that would be cool... i think..

I would think that'd be stupid. I've had wet dreams about me roaming around City-17..

City 17 exists. It will be a part of the game.
The E32K3 presentation was mostly doctored (or changed around) for E32K3, but the 2K4 footage was all real parts of the game.

it could happen.. who knows.. ;)
Everything is possible with Valve.. :p

She said:
Think about it..

What if, when you start the game, there is an entirely different story & locations.. The characters are the same.. but everything is WAAY cooler...

If you consider the leaked game....no.

She said:
...Everything is possible with Valve.. :p

Obviously not everything, or we would be playing the game now! :LOL:
Seriously though, I hope there is more to the game THAN City 17. But I don't want to expect too much :cool:
And now, a frog. :frog:

The leak.. was intentionall.. (sorry if wrong word )..
Thay leaked the game, to make MODDERS begin with their mods early!..
and to HYPE the game..
the same thing with doom3..

She said:
it could happen.. who knows.. ;)
Everything is possible with Valve.. :p
no offense, but youve been freakin me out ever since you got here......

Yeah, that's for sure, anything CAN happen, but it will not happen.

But I still have wet dreams about Alyx and Gordon having s.. DAMN NOT AGAIN! I mean roaming around City-17 !!!

yeah when ur off the train u realize u've ended up in disneyland :bounce: :devil:

Actually, she does have a small point.

I mean D3 the alpha was NOTHING like the full game. The earlier evil scientist model was replaced with a better one (betruger) and the earlier one became a generic scientist model. Also, from the alpha - the outside areas looked like shite - but the actual game's outdoor environment was loads better. More importantly the alpha had some crap about that scientist making a deal to some "demonic voice" to unleash hell while the actual game had a more acurate plot about teleportation experiment gone wrong. Agreed that id software had more time to change the stuff within 2 years than valve would (they'll obviously not change the whole city 17 thing - maybe slightly more improved graphics I hope) but then they're also doing the source ports and stuff - so it's rather unlikely they'd spend time on reworking big parts of the game from scratch (which would be a supid thing to do).

She said:
Thay leaked the game, to make MODDERS begin with their mods early!..
and to HYPE the game..
the same thing with doom3..

Or valve is a bunch of idiots who should have guarded the source code better so it wouldnt be leaked..

Vordrax said:
Obviously not everything, or we would be playing the game now! :LOL:
Seriously though, I hope there is more to the game THAN City 17. But I don't want to expect too much :cool:
And now, a frog. :frog:

YOU'LL BE SPENDING MOST OF YOUR TIME OUTSIDE OF CITY 17 ON THE COUNTRYSIDE AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

You people gotta get your facts down.

And City 17 exists, ... fool.

Dead-Inside said:
YOU'LL BE SPENDING MOST OF YOUR TIME OUTSIDE OF CITY 17 ON THE COUNTRYSIDE AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

You people gotta get your facts down.

And City 17 exists, ... fool.

Thanks for that. I've often wondered how an ass communicates in its natural habitat, and now I do :)

dare to think different..
who is the fool here?.. this is a discussion forum...
i had a thought.. i am a fool beacuse i dared to think different??

She said:
I dont really care if you think different. But that doesn't necessarily mean we all want to hear about it.

She said:

Don't worry, he just forgot his medication today. He has his good days and bad days.

She said:
It is only a thought, and hopefully thats all it will ever be.

PenaE said:
I would think that'd be stupid. I've had wet dreams about me roaming around City-17..
hope your joking pal, its only a game...THE GREATEST GAME EVER!

vegeta897 said:
I dont really care if you think different. But that doesn't necessarily mean we all want to hear about it.

Main Entry: public forum
Function: noun
: a place that has a long-standing tradition of being used for, is historically associated with, or has been dedicated by government act to the free exercise of the right to speech and public debate and assembly

Here's the link- http://dictionary.reference.com/search?db=mwlaw&q=public forum
Be nice and respectful of other people's opinions. You don't have to read every post you know ;)

McFly said:
no offense, but youve been freakin me out ever since you got here......

yep, She freaks me out too.

Its ok to think differently, but don't raise your expectaions to high. You will be disapointed.

She said:

at this point i will admit that i have played the leak.

because of the state the game was in, i think its easy to conclude it wasnt intentional.(won't say no more about that)

also i've not listened to the .wav files in the leak, but i am sure the amount(238mg of npc talk) would prove the vailidty of the leak. also if the leak was fake, would they realease the story(or make and record a new one) in the form of .wavs? i dunno if they mention city 17 or not.

on topic, there is a possiblity that city 17 is just a collection of urban areas from the game. its an interesting prospect. :thumbs:

She said:
Think about it..

COOL? COOOOOOLL!!!!??

Do you think its cool for us waisting our time by ranting about city 17 and all the characters for a year now and then when you buy the game there wont be a city 17, the whole thing has changed. Now you are the hulk and you have to save a princess from a tower

DOESNT SOUND COOL TO ME!!!

hmm... dont get so upset about it..
Would you turn off the game if city-17 didn't exist when you play it?

Fools! City 17 doesn't exist...it's a GAME!!! A GMAE!!!?ED>A

There is no spoon. :farmer:

she ...

NO YOU'RE WRONG THATS A STUPID IDEA ... GOD lk;ajsdf;laskjdfl;askdjf;lasjdkf :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

She said:
Think about it..

Stupidity must not be in shortage coming from your mouth, seriously... why do you make remarks like this? Why are you even in this forum wasting our time? What positive contributions have you made? Please stop posting stupid ideas, at least THINK about what you are typing before you click post.

i am sorry if i offended people..

Stupidity must not be in shortage coming from your mouth, seriously... why do you make remarks like this? Why are you even in this forum wasting our time? What positive contributions have you made? Please stop posting stupid ideas, at least THINK about what you are typing before you click post.

BUT What a F*CK are you talking about?..
Have YOU made positive contributions?? LOL

this is a Discussion forum.. I started a discussion..
WFT is peoples problem anyway.. grow up!
Am i wasting your time.. NO! You choose what you want to read yourself..
I had a thought.. and i wrote it down here so you could discuss it, not talking shit about people!.. How old are you anyway? 12.. 16 ??..

Main Entry: public forum
Function: noun
: a place that has a long-standing tradition of being used for, is historically associated with, or has been dedicated by government act to the free exercise of the right to speech and public debate and assembly

act to the free exercise of the right to speech and public debate and assembly...
thank you very much..

i hope city 17 is in the game, its really cool! why would they put that much effort into and not put it in the game?

It probably will be in there, but why are people getting annoyed about this? its not wasting anyones times. She was making a point that she thought could be important. Theres nothing wrong with giving your opinion in something. If no one ever did, nothing would change or get done. Now grow up! And brush your damn teeth....

Hectic Glenn said:
It probably will be in there, but why are people getting annoyed about this? its not wasting anyones times. She was making a point that she thought could be important. Theres nothing wrong with giving your opinion in something. If no one ever did, nothing would change or get done. Now grow up! And brush your damn teeth....

I brush my teeth all the time, and i comb my long hair. My avatar is a recent mug shot of me at my brothers wedding, i had to look my best at the wedding.

Is anyone else entirely traumatized by the title of this thread...?

Gabe Newell - "Within the story, there are reasons why you are in City 17. Outside of what is happening in the story, two factors influenced our inclusion of City 17"

Back