Classical Music

Burn

Reaction score
Anyone like classical music? If so what ones do you like. I love a certain three that I pretty well play nonstop, I dunno why, Im crazy.

Barber - Adogio for Strings
J.S. Bach - Air on a G String
Pachelbel - Cannon in D.

Please correct me if I have the song names or artists name wrong. x.x

air on a g string is one of my favorites. when i got my mp3 player it came with the entire popular classics series by the beijing orchestra. im glad it came with it, although i need to start listening to more of it.

Top of my head

Danse Macabre or pretty much anything from Carnival Of the Animals by Saint-Saens
Adagio for strings is obviously top notch , got the choral and instrumental
Adagio of Spartacus and Phyrgia by Khachaturian
Peer Gynt by Greig
Sorcerors Apprentice by Dukas
Carmina Burrana - Orff
Night on the bare mountain by Mussorgsky
Beethoven's 1812 overture
Blue Danube - Tchaikovsky
Romeo and Juliet - Prokoviev

There's also countless other bits and bobs and full symphonies that I can never remember the name of :)

Classical music rocks!
I don't know any names of good pieces tho :(
I like classical music that can "take you away", it's good if i'm in one of my funny moods.

I love the Romantics. But, Beethoven, the last classical era composer and main influence on Romantic era music, is the best. His 9th symphony is like a taste of heaven. If you like Beethoven, check out Dvorak's "New World Symphony" it too is excellent.
Other great composers: (And their most famous works)
Smetana - The Moldau
Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies
Wagner - Tannhauser (a nice opera), Ride of the Valkyries
Rossini - The Barber of Seville (Thats the Figaro opera)
Rimsky-Korsakov - Scheherazade
Prokofiev - Peter and the Wolf
Mussorgsky - A Night on Bald Mountain, Pictures at an Exhibition

Also, probably my favorite compser is actually Puccini but he only wrote operas. His works are just fantastic. When I saw La Boheme in LA, I almost cried because it was just so beautiful. Amazing.

A bit of Berlioz now and then. Mussorgsky good for you'nre not high. A bit of Bach is nice and quick mostly. Wagner gets a mention for the Valkyries but personally I stick to the likes of Puccini and perhaps some Debussy. Sebastien Escofets probably my preferred classical-style composer of the 20thC.

Back