Cleaning your hardware

BinaryBanzai

Reaction score
It's about that time of year for me to clean my components. Anyway, what methods do you guys use? I simply use compressed air... but I may venture into adding the use of a hand-held vaccum.

You should be cafeful with them compressors. Some of them have like water buildup and will occasionally spit out water. I was going to use my dad's compressor until he showed me that it spits water sometimes. So I just used some good ol' canned air.

DiSTuRbEd said:
I use my dad's 135psi air compressor. :)

^ Me too. Not sure how powerful the air is though but it works perfectly for cleaning computer components.

DiSTuRbEd said:
I use my dad's 135psi air compressor. :)
Terrible idea...

Anyway, lint-free cloth and non-static compressed air is the best way to go.

Careful with the caned air. It can blow off resistors and don't use it at all close to your cd/dvd drive. It will blow the reader head off very very easily and ruin it.

WhiteZero said:
Terrible idea...

Its air, I don't see how its "terrible" and yeah about the water, in my dad's tank it stays in the low psi range, so I just make sure not to go below 20-30psi and its fine.

Careful about vacuums. Use those anti-static ones since static is a computers worst enemy. Well...one of them at least.

Back