Climate Change Experiment

mrmonkah

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A little off topic I know but I think its something that perhaps needs doing. Changing the climate I mean........ The way I see it: ‘the faster climate change is globally recognised and something is done, the less fu**ed we and future generations are going to be.’

Anyway, if you wanna 'contribute' head over to www.bbc.co.uk/climatechange and download the software. You can read more about it there, but it runs in the background, analysing data and sending it back to the 'experts'. Also be sure to tell others, especially if they're thinking along the same lines as i am. (no I’m not a 'hippy' in the illustrative sense. It's just common sense and I think stands to good reason!)

Happy changing peeps,

Monkah

Oh, why not let us all know where you stand on this and if you're going to take a look at the software. Think they're looking for 10'000 people and their computers. This to better the computing power of the worlds fastest super-computer. which is nice.

Why does everyone say climate change is going to **** us up? Besides, it's actually a good thing the climate is changing so the world can go back to "normal". Normal being that most of the Earth has a tropical climate. Honestly, what is climate change going to **** up? Our moods?

WaterMelon34 said:
Why does everyone say climate change is going to **** us up? Besides, it's actually a good thing the climate is changing so the world can go back to "normal". Normal being that most of the Earth has a tropical climate. Honestly, what is climate change going to **** up? Our moods?
I may have misread but I believe the thread starter is supporting climate change.

i wonder how much cooler the world was before we laid down billions of square miles of asphault and produced so many billions of tons of emissions...

Believe what you will about climate change.

I think its the word 'change' that dissuades people from believing it's happening. Obviously ignorance is bliss when you don’t consider the repercussions in time to come. The point of change ought really to be now.

Scientifically speaking 'We have the oportunity to get proactive and do something about climate change or destroy ourselves' - Michio Kaku

WaterMelon34 said:

Its climate change, not climate location. Just because the earth has tropical areas doesnt mean normality is an equal temperature through out. Normality is polar cooling and equatorial warmth. Hence why the CHANGE part refers to 'global warming' in general.......

Besides, what will it hurt to be 'kind' to the environment? download the program.

www.bbc.co.uk/climatechange Tell others.

Humanity is ****ed. honestly. i don't think there's much we can do about it, partly because the big corporations don't give a rats ass about pollution, and partly because it's probably already too late.

we're ****ed. bad.

How can you be so sure that this climate change isn't the natural change of the earth? I believe we used to have an ice age...I dont remember factories warming that up, seemed to me it naturally changed.

Glirk Dient said:
How can you be so sure that this climate change isn't the natural change of the earth? I believe we used to have an ice age...I dont remember factories warming that up, seemed to me it naturally changed.

Because there is overwhelming logical evidence for the greenhouse effect warming up the earth.

The natural effects that caused the Ice Ages was actually caused by the very same atmospheric factors (CO2, methane, etc...) produced by factories, only in reverse. So if you beleive the Ice Age's natural causes, then you should, logically, beleive that global warming is artificial since those natural ice age causes are being artificially produced.

Meh, it won't happen in our lifetimes, our childrens, their childrens or theirs. So, tbh, I don't care.

NotATool said:
Because there is overwhelming logical evidence for the greenhouse effect warming up the earth.

The natural effects that caused the Ice Ages was actually caused by the very same atmospheric factors (CO2, methane, etc...) produced by factories, only in reverse. So if you beleive the Ice Age's natural causes, then you should, logically, beleive that global warming is artificial since those natural ice age causes are being artificially produced.

Uhh...did you just go to say how the ice age was natural and how it naturally warmed up then say logically if that happened naturaly then the warming up now has to be artificial?

Glirk Dient said:
How can you be so sure that this climate change isn't the natural change of the earth?

Well, that's what the experiment is trying to find out. So go download! Although there is overwhelming scientific evidence suggesting this isn't the case.

Qonfused said:
Meh, it won't happen in our lifetimes
True
Qonfused said:
Meh, it won't happen in our lifetimes, our childrens.
Unlikely indeed
Qonfused said:
Meh, it won't happen in our lifetimes, our childrens, their childrens.
Very likely actually if we continue like this
Qonfused said:
Meh, it won't happen in our lifetimes, our childrens, their childrens or theirs.
Almost certainly will be a big part of their every day, if they get to live it...
Qonfused said:
So, tbh, I don't care.
Ok.

I totally think it matter's. Ive actually got one computer on dedicated to running the model.

The whole reason we're so ****ed is because people don't care, perhaps if they did, we wouldn't be in this truely retarded situation, environmental, political or otherwise.

WaterMelon34 said:
Because we don't want to be under water from the polar icecaps melting.

Climate change isn't exclusive to heating. I think we should use mostly nuclear power and cut down on fossil fuel consumption in cars, while we try to find a more permanent solution. Until we find an effective way of producing energy, all we can really do right now is damage control.

The planet will fix itself in time, we just need to stop destroying it for a while :p

Sam-2k said:
The planet will fix itself in time

The planet doesn't give a **** about us. So if you don't want it to ass-rape humanity, better get moving :p

Nuclear power is all well and cool, and using it as a temporary solution seems sensible. But we really can't afford complacency

jondy said:
The planet doesn't give a **** about us. So if you don't want it to ass-rape humanity, better get moving :p

Nuclear power is all well and cool, and using it as a temporary solution seems sensible. But we really can't afford complacency

By time I mean a couple million years ;)

CrazyHarij said:
Humanity is ****ed. honestly. i don't think there's much we can do about it, partly because the big corporations don't give a rats ass about pollution, and partly because it's probably already too late.

we're ****ed. bad.

Yeah... we're pretty ****ed... But we'll survive it. It'll just lower the populations a lot.

And at the moment I do feel any global warming going on. Its the end of Feburary and its colder today then it's been all winter. But that's ****ed up in itself because it's not usually this cold this time of the year.

WaterMelon34 said:
Other then the fact that polar bears are dieing because of ice breaking under their feet. This is happening often to due climate change.

Back