Clinical research: guns lead to aggressiveness in males

I only feel a bit empowered when I hold a pistol, but rifles don't do the same thing. I also feel a bit cautious when I hold a pistol, like I know that something bad could happen at any minute.

Sebastian said:
I only feel a bit empowered when I hold a pistol, but rifles don't do the same thing. I also feel a bit cautious when I hold a pistol, like I know that something bad could happen at any minute.

Like the overwhelming urge to turn the gun towards yourself and end your life? :O

That's why I don't pick up a gun.

I feel empowered when I pick up a long stick ffs... I also feel empowered when I hold a womans tittles.

so those things should be illegal too? :x

As far as I'm concerned, this "study" was a complete waste of time.

I know my friends handgun has a ton of tiny little parts that can get messed up if you aren't careful. And putting it together is extremely frustrating. I get really angry and agressive when I get frustrated. I probably would have punched somone who tried to take a saliva sample. I don't think I get that with mouse trap though.

Teta_Bonita said:
I feel empowered when I pick up a long stick ffs... I also feel empowered when I hold a womans tittles.

so those things should be illegal too? :x

read the article

Teta_Bonita said:
As far as I'm concerned, this "study" was a complete waste of time.

which means absolutely nothing ..I bet you didnt even read the article

Hapless: I was afraid you wouldnt get the reference and think I was just being a jerk :)

It's pretty intresting. If having a gun makes you more aggressive, and being more aggressive makes you more likely to shoot when you need not, then that's just one more point for the anti-gun argument.

Raziaar said:
The answer is simple... let's effeminize guns.

It's a plan, make them all pink, sweet smelling and flowery and soft to touch :D

.. and make them meow when you fire them :D

ComradeBadger said:
It's a plan, make them all pink, sweet smelling and flowery and soft to touch :D

.. and make them meow when you fire them :D

I can see it now... young girls running around the neighborhood with their toy guns yelling, "Meow, Meow! You're dead!" "No i'm not, I ducked! Meow!"

Then of course all the boys would roll their eyes wondering how the girls could play with such things.

CptStern said:
nah, they should make it so you can only buy this type of gun ...it should fix a lot of problems with gun safety

Only against idiots who don't know how to use a gun, unfortunately. That doesn't apply to gun nuts.

now now lets promote equal opportunity here: everybody

If you believe this kind of nonsense, you also have to believe the kind of idiots who say playing computer games leads to violent behavior. In either case, it's just BS that proves and contributes nothing.

...dude i get a ****ing erection everytime i hear my shotgun chamber the next shell.

of course guns increase agressiveness!

First time I fired a 12-guage shotgun I nearly creamed my pants. Guns are fun as shit. I still can't wait til I can get my concealed carry permit. :)

Yes sah, there seems to be some sort of embedded destruction impulse in most of us that reacts to the feel of any kind of weapon. If holding a gun (I speak only of experience with airsoft ones - airsoft, for chrissakes) I can't help but play with it, aim it around, and wish I had a head to shoot at.

D:

Also:

Lemonking said:
Blah blah blah I play the 'your a nerd and i r better paid' than yu loser' card
Come back when you have a wife and kids.

I can't believe how quickly people discount something out of hand because it doesn't line up with their prejudices.

For those of you shouting about what a shitty study it was, would you be willing to perform a controlled experiment to verify your claims? (Would you even know HOW to do that?)

dys4iK said:
I can't believe how quickly people discount something out of hand because it doesn't line up with their prejudices.

For those of you shouting about what a shitty study it was, would you be willing to perform a controlled experiment to verify your claims? (Would you even know HOW to do that?)

Given funding I would. Otherwise hell no, and probally not if funding popped up seeing as I haven't gone to college or have a degree so I would be passes off as incredible and the study wouldn't mean anything.

Glirk Dient said:
Given funding I would. Otherwise hell no, and probally not if funding popped up seeing as I haven't gone to college or have a degree so I would be passes off as incredible and the study wouldn't mean anything.

What? I think that could use a comma somewhere. It left me rather confused.

dys4iK said:
What? I think that could use a comma somewhere. It left me rather confused.

uhh...it has a comma.

Basically I was saying I don't have the funding and any experiment I would do would be worthless. I haven't even gone to college so I would not be a very credible source.

Back