Cold War: Melting Point Update

A

Azlan

Cold War: Melting Point is a multiplayer modification that utilizes both a campaign mode and multiple classes (six total). They have released six new renders for the general public to feast upon.[br][br]After having several team members reluctantly take leave of the project, due to the constraints of their personal life, Cold War: Melting Point asks that any interested in becoming a team member fill out an application. They are currently looking for programmers, animators, and most especially, some experienced mappers.[br]</br>To learn more about this mod, visit their website by clicking this link.

redhollowpoint said:
mmm im loving the models i made!
I don't think you are supposed to say that.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering why those jets are low poly:
They are going to be used as background props up in the air, far far away from any civilians (unless you are floating, of course).

You stole that news post right from under my nose as I was writing the last paragraph... If I could severly hurt you without facing any retribution from the law... :sniper:

the a-4 is nice, but a little low poly. the car is great, and so are the weapons :)

man is that a M-16?! you never see thoughs in games...

haha just giving you all a hard time. looks good. all the models look as if they should belong in a better looking Battlefield Vietnam

Skins could use a little more wear and definition (break up the black of the M16 or w/e with some silvery as if it was chipped paint)

The AR-15 (later known as the M-16A1, it was issued to units at the time the mod takes place on a trial basis) is more worn than the render appears, it's just the contrast and style of the render. I'll have more renders of it in the site's media/artwork forum in a few days.

Evil: See Snowknight's post... the A-4 will only be seen briefly, if at all, when someone calls an airstrike in. It doesn't need to be polygon-heavy, and we don't want to make it polygon heavy.

And thanks for the kind words. There's more media on the site and in the forums, www.cw-meltingpoint.com

SidewinderX said:
The AR-15 (later known as the M-16A1, it was issued to units at the time the mod takes place on a trial basis) is more worn than the render appears, it's just the contrast and style of the render. I'll have more renders of it in the site's media/artwork forum in a few days.

Evil: See Snowknight's post... the A-4 will only be seen briefly, if at all, when someone calls an airstrike in. It doesn't need to be polygon-heavy, and we don't want to make it polygon heavy.

And thanks for the kind words. There's more media on the site and in the forums, www.cw-meltingpoint.com

acctually side, this model is an M16, the m16a1 was later issued when it had the compensator (i think thats what it is called) issued on the left side to help jamming issues. so this gun is literally just an m16

Well, at the time the mod takes place, it was still known as the AR-15, and was only used in a select few trial units.

Wikipedia said:
A demonstration of the AR-15 was made to Curtis LeMay in June 1960. He immediately ordered 8,500 for defense at Strategic Air Command airbases. Colt Industries also approached the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), who bought 1000 rifles for use by South Vietnamese troops in the early summer of 1962. American special operations units working with the South Vietnamese troops filed remarkable battlefield reports, pressing for its immediate adoption.

Just pretend there was actually a war in Cuba and that they were issued to troops there. :)

Back