combine are aleins

Reaction score
uhh well i'm gonna make this short, not sure why people are so stupid, they say it right out in the e3 video shakey

near the elevator part with the 2 horses (or maybe the part with the bus and the freedom dudes getting out) he says "something something and the alein combine blah blah blah

heh

Yes.

Klingons have purple.

Combines are klingons for sure

beam me up scotty.

They seem to use human weapons and speak english, as far as I can tell. The combine soldiers that is

No, Klingons have kind of pink blood. Romulans and Vulcans have green blood.

nerds...

:p

well they do have that wierd writing on their suits. plus aliens are able to learn english... but i dont thing anyone really knows yet :D

hunter-killer25: you missed the point entirely.. We know its the Alien combine, its kinda obvious when you see the gunship and strider i the E3 vid that its not human in origin :).. the topic thats been on people's minds are about the metropolice, those dudes in the cool uniforms in the E3 vid that for simplicity's sake were named by fans as just combine nobody knows if their humans doing a job, humans under some kind of mind control, alien bipeds or a mix of both. Nobody knows.. The actual Aliens of the Combine nobody has seen, other than the Gunship and Strider, are they actual grown creatures fitted with biomechanics, or were they grown that way, nobody knows, or the other technology, those manhacks for example. Are they police created or combine. Nobody knows where the Hydra fits in, is it just some alien that ended up here, or part of the combine.. So err yeah, nice try but old news :)

Originally posted by Fenric1138
hunter-killer25: you missed the point entirely.. We know its the Alien combine, its kinda obvious when you see the gunship and strider i the E3 vid that its not human in origin :).. the topic thats been on people's minds are about the metropolice, those dudes in the cool uniforms in the E3 vid that for simplicity's sake were named by fans as just combine nobody knows if their humans doing a job, humans under some kind of mind control, alien bipeds or a mix of both. Nobody knows.. The actual Aliens of the Combine nobody has seen, other than the Gunship and Strider, are they actual grown creatures fitted with biomechanics, or were they grown that way, nobody knows, or the other technology, those manhacks for example. Are they police created or combine. Nobody knows where the Hydra fits in, is it just some alien that ended up here, or part of the combine.. So err yeah, nice try but old news :)

ya know? i really hate the phrase old news.

The Strider and The Combine Gunship, both appear to be completely mechanical. Although they are modeled to have an organic look, I think there really just vehicals(sp?) Although I could be wrong.

The Hydra is not Combine, by any means. After all, it attacked a Combine soldier. It's just part of the Xen race. Remember, this is set years after the incident.(at least a decade)

So, the world is infested with aliens, and the human pupolation has been forced to nearly zilch. The world is their territory, now.

-Ghost.

looking through some of the models they are human. One model has an exposed human head.

Are you sure that model wasn't Barney? Although I wouldn't find it so hard to believe that the combine soldiers are human. That doesn't mean the entire combine forces are only of human origin. It is called "The Combine" after all, maybe there part human part alien.

Prehaps some of them. But I meant more along the lines of, they have some human forces and prehaps they have some aliens in the ranks as well. What I'm getting to, is that I think the combine soldiers (most commonly seen) are human.

No-one knows and speculation will just get heated, hold out for HL2.

Originally posted by azz0r
No-one knows and speculation will just get heated, hold out for HL2.

Well I've lost interest in the discussion now, it could have been good but some people just had to bring up the stolen files and spoil it.

oh well, think I'll just watch Southpark instead...

maybe its a coalition between some humanoid aliens and human traitors.
Like in Civil wars that happen in colonies. You have the loyalists and the revolutionaries, , , except the revolutionaries are the ones in power i guess and some ass kissing humans swapped sides...(SHAME BARNEY :p)

"What he's saying is that he in fact has red blood, not the combine."

What makes you say that?

Originally posted by dyeinbreed
sorry my names alex

Well, Alex, perhaps you could read the rules of the forum before spoiling other people's experience?

not played the beta, but when they say "alien combine", it's still possible that the aliens use human soldiers.

i don't even know who or who to believe in any more

:'( *cries and runs away*

I reckon there are 3!!! sides to this battle.

1. The combine (humaniods-not from another planet but created using alien technology)

2. The population of City 17 (resistance)

3. Aliens from XEN - in league with Freeman and the G-man

Combine take over City 17 for whatever reason and its Gordons job to stop whatever dastardly deed they are planning. I can only assume Gordon and the resistance are working with most of the aliens from Xen because:

a) The G-man seemed pretty well integrated into the Xen scene in HL1:cheese:

b) Gabe said that Gordon would fight alongside some aliens.

In the words of Calhoun: "BRING IT ON!"

I think the combine are some sort of Human/alien/machine cyborg type characters. Their voices on the vids sound distorted like they have some sort of bio-mechanical implant. This is why I think they are somekind of hybrid soldier whom is teched up with various implants

Maybe they are in league with DArth Vader and the Empire, they seem to use the same voice codec as him:cheese:

Don't forget that the Combine Prowler is apparently a human-alien hybrid. I got this info from PC GAMER magazine.:E

Eh... Red blood or no blood. Just whack the heck out of them with crowbars. Stainless High Speed Steel crowbar, blood stains easy to remove.

Barney is wearing a combine uniform.

Barney is human

Conclusion, At least some of the combine soldiers are human.

Maybe they're like the Predator, looking rather humanoid with their masks and whatnot on, but with it off, hideous things :eek:

Let us look at it logically.

It would not be unusual for the goverment to look at exploiting the new technology found from our Zen excursions/incursions.

The Combine is probably the first force to use this new technology, most likely a combination of human/Zen technology.

This is most likely, human troops using new combined technology.

Possibly the government has also taken the next step, combining human and alien DNA to produce a super human or advanced human.

This is probably happening with some of the combine troops, maybe even going as far as growing humans like the aliens grew troopers.

But I would say that a good portion of the combine are human or the hybrids are more human than alien.

they talk, look, and act human...yet that big black thing (citadel) is eating through city 17 and the combine are working for it...i think its ****ing awesome that we dont even know if the bad guys are alien or human yet

Back