Combine...being...manfactured?

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
look behind the gman in the video when he says the right man in the wrong place etc..

looks like combine masks being placed in the background... im doing further study.. but it would make sense.. also in the lab with the vortagaunt there is what appears to be a combine mask on the table... interesting

further tin foil hat observations welcome

aux power seems to have a small sprint text next to it when gordon runs fast.. cool

What are all those capsule-looking things behind the G-Man at the end of the short crappy blurry vid that I have?

Incubation/cold storage pods?

I don't know, but it looks like some kind of robot factory or something. It must have something to do with the story, but it's too blurry to see what it is exactly.

Attachments

• gman1.JPG
    gman1.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 355
  • gman2.JPG
    gman2.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 317
that would explain why they don't bleed... robots.. well, that certainly is dissapointing to all of those (including me) that expected the combine to be some kind of hybrid between humans and aliens

Tarkus said:
that would explain why they don't bleed... robots.. well, that certainly is dissapointing to all of those (including me) that expected the combine to be some kind of hybrid between humans and aliens

What do you mean they don't bleed? Go watch one of the bink videos like "Tunnels" and you'll see Gordon shoot a combine soldier and blood splatters onto the wall.

Heh, you guys just need to wait for the game... My friend already spoiled me some info about combines. They are not robots, far from it.

That looks to me like the citadel constructing itself.

Yeah I believe it's inside the citadel too.

The real question I have is wtf is it?

Dark Auro said:
What do you mean they don't bleed? Go watch one of the bink videos like "Tunnels" and you'll see Gordon shoot a combine soldier and blood splatters onto the wall.
it could be just a policeman, not a combine...

And it must be quite important too. They show us the test chamber at the beginning of the Gman video in the background. Then, they show the train station in City-17 and finally this cybernetic factory or something. It must be something important in the story... I know I'm gonna love this game.

Mr.Reak said:
Heh, you guys just need to wait for the game... My friend already spoiled me some info about combines. They are not robots, far from it.
PM me saying what they are, i really dont care about any spoiling

Tarkus said:

... then by that logic, we really haven't seen the Combine, Tarkus... in which case, how do you know they don't bleed?

Svv4T said:
And it must be quite important too. They show us the test chamber at the beginning of the Gman video in the background. Then, they show the train station in City-17 and finally this cybernetic factory or something. It must be something important in the story... I know I'm gonna love this game.
that bit with the test chamber, looked like the old engine.. they could have used source to redo that scene just for the sake of the video...

Tarkus said:

Combine was shot in the crane scene with a shotgun and their was a blood mist when the blast hit.

Combine are either human thugs, human clones grown to fight the combine or humans augmented with alien DNA.

The masks are simply headcrab protectors

IMHO

Brian Damage said:
... then by that logic, we really haven't seen the Combine, Tarkus... in which case, how do you know they don't bleed?
i don't think i should say that.. lets just say i've been a bad boy

i was thinking, since it seems the combine are being manufactured, they would need a source.

who is an efficient and tough killing machine worthy of being replicated as an army?
well, that person is none other than:
adrian shepard, from opposing force. that would explain why the gman saved him too

Stryyder said:
Combine was shot in the crane scene with a shotgun and their was a blood mist when the blast hit.

Combine are either human thugs, human clones grown to fight the combine or humans augmented with alien DNA.

The masks are simply headcrab protectors

IMHO
sir, you are inteligent.. the bit about the mask makes perfect sence

arm4000 said:
i was thinking, since it seems the combine are being manufactured, they would need a source.

who is an efficient and tough killing machine worthy of being replicated as an army?
adrian shepard, from opposing force. that would explain why the gman saved him too
this has been thought before, this is no spoiler... problably you are right.. i wish you are.. that would make the whole shepard story make lots more sence

arm4000 said:

Would fit my cloning theory but my guess is that shepard may have his own sequal. Thay don't kill him to make clones. I don't know good theory.

^^ Except that headcrabs turn people into mindless, stumbling zombies. The combine seem different than headcrabbed people.

Stryyder said:
Would fit my cloning theory but my guess is that shepard may have his own sequal. Thay don't kill him to make clones. I don't know good theory.
they would have to kill him to clone him? :|

arm4000 said:

That would be a really twisted story, but I like it.
Anyone here saw the Lombardi interview video from fileplanet? Doug says there are 3 major factions in the game, and Gordon naturally allies with the scientists at the beginning, but then it appears some aliens are opposed to other aliens, and so on. Gordon might switch sides during the game... And on which sides Gman is? That character is so mystirious, and I'm pretty sure we won't know much about him in HL2.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
look behind the gman in the video when he says the right man in the wrong place etc..

looks like combine masks being placed in the background... im doing further study.. but it would make sense.. also in the lab with the vortagaunt there is what appears to be a combine mask on the table... interesting

further tin foil hat observations welcome

aux power seems to have a small sprint text next to it when gordon runs fast.. cool
Yes its a factory and for my information that would be in the citadel, but also to my information those are not combine mask, the one on the table in the lab isnt one either. I could tell you what it is but that would be spoiling so I wont. and the ones in the factory, they look like some parts from the APC, but definatly no combine mask. You really need to go to the doctor to get your eyes checked.

Svv4T said:
Anyone here saw the Lombardi interview video from fileplanet? Doug says there are 3 major factions in the game, and Gordon naturally allies with the scientists at the beginning, but then it appears some aliens are opposed to other aliens, and so on. Gordon might switch sides during the game... And on which sides Gman is? That character is so mystirious, and I'm pretty sure we won't know much about him in HL2.
those aliens opposed to other aliens problably are the vaurtigons.. and they are on the side of the scientists, OUR side

Svv4T said:

Much like the smoking man the G-Man is only on his own side.

Stryyder said:
Much like the smoking man the G-Man is only on his own side.
the g-man kinda looks like the smoking man... i smell a ripoff, but dont wanna say it for sure so i wont get flamed

Tarkus said:
the g-man kinda looks like the smoking man... i smell a ripoff, but dont wanna say it for sure so i wont get flamed

I am sure that part of the concept for the character came from that, he is the Half Life 'Man in Black' the guy that puts things 'right'..

The smoking man himself is stolen from urban legend.

Tarkus said:
those aliens opposed to other aliens problably are the vaurtigons.. and they are on the side of the scientists, OUR side
And the question is why? Gordon freed them from the Nihilanth, I recall. But why are they fighting against the Combine? Are the combine in Xen too?
Hum, I must stop asking questions and simply wait for the game to be released :|

Svv4T said:
And the question is why? Gordon freed them from the Nihilanth, I recall. But why are they fighting against the Combine? Are the combine in Xen too?
Hum, I must stop asking questions and simply wait for the game to be released :|
they are fighting the combine problably because everyone else is!!!! even the aliens fight the combine everytime the chance appears

G0rgon said:

Perhaps they are creating something to take the war back to the Xen dimension destroying it or all its inhabitants in the process, the good scientist working with the Vortigens dont want that they simply want to shut the open door between dimensions offering safe haven to the V's on our side of the door that GF accidently opened.

Svv4T said:
Yeah that should be it. Any idea what this is? Looks like peice of the citadel to me...
that concept is a matrix ripoff (ok, i'll shut up now) maybe, this, if the combine are biological, those things are where they harvest the combine and grow them

Stryyder said:
Perhaps they are creating something to take the war back to the Xen dimension destroying it or all its inhabitants in the process, the good scientist working with the Vortigens dont want that they simply want to shut the open door between dimensions offering safe haven to the V's on our side of the door that GF accidently opened.
it wasnt Gordon that opened the gate IT WAS THE PERTY STONE

Stryyder said:

That would make sense too, yet I don't think it's the story.
So the citadel would be some kind of dimensional gate? Then why would the citadel expands on City-17?
I think it's the reverse. The combine have taken over Earth and are expanding. They might have taken over Xen too, and that would be why Vortigants fight with the scientists.
When Dr. Breen says his speech on the train station screens, he says something like "I decided to establish my administration in the citadel provided by our benefactors". What we don't really know is if Dr. Breen or the Combine are in control of the city...

the bit behind the gman in the video is the resonance cascade from the first game.

Back