Combine Collective Trailer. A new Half Life 2 based Machinima

Eagle555

Reaction score
(Sorry if this in the wrong section, if it is, would the moderators kindly move it?)

What is Combine Collective?
Combine Collective is Cell 12's first major piece of work that we feel is ready to be distributed to the public. We feel that Machinima making is a work of art, and due to this, we aim for a very high quality. Too many videos nowadays are made with little consideration for the end viewer. We at Cell 12 try to take pride in our work, even if we are very new to the machinima making scene (in actual fact this is our first ever trailer/ machinima over 3 minutes).

Combine Collective tells the story of the citizens of Half Life 2 in an entirely new perspective, shining light on many of the operations that happened whilst Freeman was away, and what life was like for an ordinary citizen. The main story focuses on a set of resistance, citizen and combine members that are all linked in their struggle, and shows many new elements to the mysterious Half Life universe. What is the Inquisition? What do they do and why? We also hope to show tensions between rebel factions before they finally came together for Gordon Freeman's arrival.

Combine Collective was actually based on an RP group that was set up way back in 2005, before the likes of Melonbrew or any RP script actually existed. Whilst at times it was a little...stupid, there were some very memorable moments that we felt could be put into a film. Some of the people within CC were:

Deathbane
Eagle555
Karlos
Coldfusion
J104
Petokala
Ravenholme
Useful Dave
Rei/Jonuchi
Duck4Sale
Bradfirj
Dudeman999
Seiteki
Kalinium
Player

The story will actually be based on some of the characters that these people created.

The main purpose of this trailer is to make people more aware of us, and to announce Combine Collective. It should be noted that we are still at a very early stage, and so many of the clips seen in the trailer may not actually be used in the final version.

Anyway, here is the trailer. It is noticeably very low quality, mainly due to youtube. I may host a higher quality version later. Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jE4izxgAA

We are also currently looking for more people to help us in the development of this, mainly voice actors who feel they can provide an adult-sounding and sensible voice. We would also appreciate more actors and most of all, a server host for the scenes which may require a large number of people to be present.

Anyway, I'd just like to say thanks again for watching. Be sure to check our blogspot for more information, images, trailers and up to date news on the development:

http://cell12.blogspot.com/

Awesome trailer! I like the use of Breen's speeches, I would very much like to see more.

GL!

I agree with first reply, very well done with the use of Breen's speeches. The music is great as it sets the tone and mood for the trailer and the whole thing comes together so nicely.

May I ask why the need for adult-sounding voices?

Aye, very awesome. Great use of Breen's speech and the music.

I agree with first reply, very well done with the use of Breen's speeches. The music is great as it sets the tone and mood for the trailer and the whole thing comes together so nicely.

May I ask why the need for adult-sounding voices?

For the adults within the machinima, voice acting will be required, so we're hoping for an adult sounding voice to help set the mood.

Thanks for the comments guys, :D, I didn't really think people would like it that much.

Back