Combine letters?

White and Nerdy wins games though.

Ophiguris, did you read 1984? If not, I'll explain to you why the Combine keeps on conquering.

Where do you get this stuff, like honestly, I was very confused when you mentioned 1984, it seems to make sense now.

I read books, stuff ont he Internet and indulge my intellect.

</shameless self promotion>

I try to read books, mostly Wikipedia though, I don't read many philosophical books, so I don't get many good quotes.

Japanese lectors or symbols? (for got the proper name for that righting) Nope did not look like them… I collect armor and swords and I have a Japanese sword and the symbols dos not look nothing like what’s on the alien belt…

The Combine work best as the alien race that have exceeded the needs of religion. If anything, the Combine are gods. They're responsible for the creation of entirely new lifeforms, and they guide other races to whatever their sinister purpose is by altering them selectively, controlling evolution. The Citadel is like their tower of babel. I can almost imagine combine advisors broadcasting to the newly conquered earth the words 'WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW' :p

Oh rely, that’s why they are losing to Earth now… Religion gives valor and bravery in war. I nervier or herd or know a atheist in a heat of battle because you will prey to some thing… “There are no atheist in war…” It can also give hope to people…

They are far from gods…

Yea say that, that will give evermore the reason to fight agent them… And again that’s why they are losing to Earth now…

Well his up their…

Originally Posted by O'Brien, Inner Party
“The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives.”

Different from all the oligarchies of the past???

Power = wealth. And the Nazis were just overwhelmed they were fighting toooo many people… And they were trying to build their Empire by molding the Roman Empire. But they failed to do so because they excluded people…. The Romans did not do this…

As for Imperial Germany in WW1 was fighting too many people as well…

As for the Soviet, well the economy was not working…

Actually those heiroglyphs are very similar to kanji or chinese characters.

Oh rely, that?s why they are losing to Earth now? Religion gives valor and bravery in war. I nervier or herd or know a atheist in a heat of battle because you will prey to some thing? ?There are no atheist in war?? It can also give hope to people?
Sorry, but what a load of bull :)

Religion DOES give bravery in war, to LIVING BEINGS! The combine ARE living, but are also more... prohrammed to dismiss casualties and continue instead of 'Praying' for god, or allah, or George Lucas to dave his life. Religion, though inspirational, can also be a down fall in efficiency. I think I just realised where I went wrong earlier on...

By the way, that was a whole lot of spelling errors earlier.

LOL sorry I like to see you in a big ugly battle and not prey or think of God or at least a heir force.
Sorry, i'd rather use my precious thinking time to remember the people who've effected my life, rather than use it to ponder the question of a being I outright rejected years ago. Or perhaps people in these situations think first of staying alive? Either way, saying you believe you alone know the truth of the psychology of warfare is VERY grating.

Religion DOES give bravery in war, to LIVING BEINGS! The combine ARE living, but are also more... prohrammed to dismiss casualties and continue instead of 'Praying' for god, or allah, or George Lucas to dave his life. Religion, though inspirational, can also be a downfall in efficiency. I think I just realised where I went wrong earlier on...

By the way, that was a whole lot of spelling errors earlier.

Hey almost any thing can be a downfall in efficiency, War can be a downfall look at Europe, they had mighty empires up to the twentieth sentry but WW1 and WW2 F#%* it up, and just now they are making a comeback?

You can say too much of any thing is bad. Them being more programmed can be bad. I say this because being just Human can be bettor. Look if we were more like robots that looses the need for hope or valor and such. Look at Iraq, the USA took the capital and when that happens you loose the war (in rules of war). But sense we Humans think for are self they keep on fighting.

If your more like a robot you loose the extra mile or hope. Like thats not impossible we can do that if we try. Or being able to believe that something we do not see or fell like God.

Its are willingness to do things, just look at the Egyptian pyramids, Roman roads and Roman Coliseum, the Gate Wall of China, and what the Aztecs did and the European explorers, and the Rite brothers, the 300 Spartans, and so on. We Humans did this thing with out being programmed like ants.

If we just lessoned to people that say "Oh LOL Its impossible to build..." Or "Its impossible to fly" OR "We can not go into space in are studies..." This is what the Combine fear the need to believe. Look just why do the Combine build up so much stuff to mess with are head…

Its are willingness to do things, just look at the Egyptian pyramids, Roman roads and Roman Coliseum, the Gate Wall of China, and what the Aztecs did and the European explorers, and the Rite brothers, the 300 Spartans, and so on. We Humans did this thing with out being programmed like ants?
Slave Drivers with Big ****-Off Whips can achieve anything.

Sorry, i'd rather use my precious thinking time to remember the people who've effected my life, rather than use it to ponder the question of a being I outright rejected years ago. Or perhaps people in these situations think first of staying alive? Either way, saying you believe you alone know the truth of the psychology of warfare is VERY grating.

I have some family members that known some atheists, and when they went to war with them they quickly became Christens… “There are no atheist in war…” That’s a quote from the guy in Mail-call.

Look when the pagan Romans were killing Christen Romans at the coliseum, the Christens were singing wile walking to the coliseum and praying as well. When the time came they still were praying and singing. The Romans were shocked of haw brave they were… This started to covert the Roman Empire to Christianity… The same when for the Japanese Christens when they too were being killed buy other Japanese, more or less did the same thing their fellow Roman Christens did before them… They burned the books and the churches but they still believed and they kept it alive thou word, that’s way theirs still over their and when the Europeans came back they were VERY shocked of how Christianity was still in that island…

Look my point is that no mater how logical things get or advances in science we Human will never know what truly happens when we die. What is after death? We do not know much about the universe only what we have seen so far. And only the things in are plaint. And even then we still do not know every thing about are own plaint. My point is when the time comes I would not have to worry much when I die because I simply believe in God. But much more worry how I die LOL. Do I truly know if their a heaven nope I do not know, but I do believe. So if I die and that’s it oh well but if there is truly a HEAVEN then well I’m saved…

Slave Drivers with Big ****-Off Whips can achieve anything.

True got me their. But my point still stands look at the Rite brothers they were not slaves, or the 300 Spartans and many others.

The Roman roads and Roman Coliseum manly built by Roman engineers and soldiers not many slaves. The Roman Empire had a shortage of slaves in the ADs. The Roman aqueduct was also built by Roman engineers and soldiers, slaves were manly to get the resources not much for building….

Wtf is with you and the Romans!

"My friends conquered earth in 7-hours and all I got was this lousy choker."

I tend to prefer this interpretation.

The only sure way to find out what it's made of will be when we hit it with the crowbar, if we get the chance to kill one. I'm guessing a metallic sound, although as with the striders and gunships I would prefer a squishy sound.

Yeah, I like that interpretation better too.

Dude (Roman Legion), If you haven't noticed, it's 2007! Rome has long perished. Know why? Christanity, what's Christanity... a Religion. If you haven't noticed also, NO ONE fights with honor anymore. I don't call crashing into a couple towers then running away and bombing Spain's subway is dishonorable. And then running over sheep in tanks, funa as it may seem, but not honorable. FYI, Rome is long gone.

Yeah, I like that interpretation better too.

Dude (Roman Legion), If you haven't noticed, it's 2007! Rome has long perished. Know why? Christanity, what's Christanity... a Religion. If you haven't noticed also, NO ONE fights with honor anymore. I don't call crashing into a couple towers then running away and bombing Spain's subway is dishonorable. And then running over sheep in tanks, funa as it may seem, but not honorable. FYI, Rome is long gone.

I never said crashing into a couple towers and all the other things were honorable! MY FATHER IS FROM NEW YORK and he was soooooo sad when that stuff happened! SO I DO KNOW it was not honorable what they did. And by the way, there is nothing civil about war...

Christianity has nothing to do with the fall of the Empire.

Rome has long perished?

Their 2 of many Roman legacies that fell not to long ago, the Byzantine Empire and the Holy Roman Empire.

The Holy Roman Empire fell in the 19th century! The Byzantine Empire fell in the 15th century!

Rome has long perished? Humm the city is still their dude, and so are most of the other towns and cities they built! (Paris, London, Cologne, and may others were built by the Romans) They left a very good mark in are world to day buddy. Hears a quote you should read that I heard and read be for you. "Rome was ones a town, Rome was a state, Rome was a Republic, Rome was an Empire, Rome was and is the Church of God." Its also the capital of Italy!

And FYI, Russian Czar and the German Kaiser means Caesar!! It’s the same title buddy. I think the Byzantines had the same thing going but I do not remember what it was called. And Rome still this day continues to influence the world…

So you're wrong by saying their long gone.

Wtf is with you and the Romans!

And buddy I did not just talked about the Romans. I munched the Egyptians, the Gate Wall of China, Aztecs, Rite brothers.

But yea can you tell by my name, the Romans are one of my favorite as well as Knights and the Spanish explorers! I just love History. But only if you knew what people back then truly did. And the Romans did aaaaaaa lot! And so did others. And if I start talking about it then it would go way of topic so...

Back on topic

Well I looked at the Combine letters and too another look on the Japans sword I got, and in fact kupoartist it dos look somewhat similar! You rite. But way is that? Dos it mean it has to do some thing about a Citadel in Japan or what?

Can I just go ahead and call you crazy now?

Keep religion out of the combine. If I want to play against Halo's Rainbow Hoarde, I'll play Halo.

Rainbow Hoarde? Don't you mean The Covenant? Or am i just talking bollocks here.....? /offtopic

It would be cool if the Combine did have a religion. They are after all an intelligent species. We looked at religion when we started life and it has still carried on today. Whos to say its a different story for the Combine Advisors when they started out life? Maybe the Combine Empire IS the religion, which would explain why we dont see any evidence of some sort of God. Or maybe its their single conciousness which they follow piously. If there is a Combine God wouldn't it be linked to the single conciousness? It's a possibility...

They may not have a language because of their telekinesis and they may not need one. But then again one or two Combine may have brain damage which prevents them from recieving telekinetic messages and they need to feel the language (which would explain carving the runes) or read it with their eyes, (if they have them)

I checked the combine advisor model and discovered these markings on the "neck" of the slug, a combine written language? They really don't look like anything i've ever seen, but i dunno.

If they have letters there, then why? I'm getting excited by this.

I've actually noticed that and was puzzled by it too. Those look coool... but I was too lazy to try and make anything of them:rolleyes:

Back