Combine soldier and e3 vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huntee

Soryy if this has been said before but I noticed in the E3 video at the end thier is a creepy looking picture on screen when the Gman is that many people have seen, while looking at a recent Computer Gaming World screenshot (When they first ran Halflife 2 news) I noticed thier are some soldiers without thier mask on, which look rather human and quite a bit like the picture at the end of the video. It may point towards combine being more human than many think.

hmmmmm, that gets me thinking, but ill wait until the game's released until i make conclusions

may I please have a link to these screenies

I have the g-man one but where can I find the maskless combines????

heres g-man one.......... freaky

Attachments

• freaky.jpg
    freaky.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 397
Originally posted by Huntee
Soryy if this has been said before but I noticed in the E3 video at the end thier is a creepy looking picture on screen when the Gman is that many people have seen, while looking at a recent Computer Gaming World screenshot (When they first ran Halflife 2 news) I noticed thier are some soldiers without thier mask on, which look rather human and quite a bit like the picture at the end of the video. It may point towards combine being more human than many think.

i just looked through computer gaming world june 2003 issue 227 and i dont see any combine soldiers without masks, although i do see civilians being lined up along a wall by combine soldiers....thats on page 72, theres four human civilians along the wall and one face down on the ground...

the only person in the CGW magazine that looks rather similar to a combine and without a mask would be Barney.

yea those are the freedom fighters, hence "soldiers"

Originally posted by Peks
yea those are the freedom fighters, hence "soldiers"

I'm not sure who those guys are .. they are not Combine because combine wouldn't run from a strider. So, they are probably freedom fighters, but they still look kinda weird. I think it might be a screenshot from an older build where they didn't update the models yet.

Maybe they are... factory workers. Or chemical plant workers... or whoever wears respirators. They wear aprons.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I'm not sure who those guys are .. they are not Combine because combine wouldn't run from a strider. So, they are probably freedom fighters, but they still look kinda weird. I think it might be a screenshot from an older build where they didn't update the models yet.
That was one of the first screenshots released, and it was from a build from last october (as were, I think, all of the pre-e3 screenshots). So yes, those are probably older models for the freedom fighters, or at least that's my best guess. There were a lot of ugly models in those screens.

It would be kind of cool if everyone (or at least different groups) in City 17 had different clothes. Then again if they over do it they are gona end up looking like the Village People or something, which wouldn't be that great at all.

OMG!!!! If you look on top of the Striders Big head it has the Combine Symbol!!!

no, i don't think anyone's heard of that one. I sure hadn't seen it, that's pretty cool. I was thinking maybe a strider wasn't necessarily under the conbine's control, but now i guess they must be. good find man, good eye. That was hard to see

EDIT: by the way, does anyone know what those black suction cup like things on the strider's legs are? They look like suckers or maybe even speakers.

Originally posted by Slick601
EDIT: by the way, does anyone know what those black suction cup like things on the strider's legs are? They look like suckers or maybe even speakers. [/QUOTE

My guess would be speakers :)

Originally posted by Slick601
no, i don't think anyone's heard of that one. I sure hadn't seen it, that's pretty cool. I was thinking maybe a strider wasn't necessarily under the conbine's control, but now i guess they must be. good find man, good eye. That was hard to see

Thanks man.I couldn't really tell untill I saw that symbol in the darkend circle.

Originally posted by Tr0n
Thanks man.I couldn't really tell untill I saw that symbol in the darkend circle.

Sorry, but this has been found out already. I even sent a mail to Gabe to get confirmation, and he said the Strider is Combine, yes.

This topic has used up its usefulness as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back