Combine thumpers in Half Life 1?

J

Jus

This caught my eye as I was going through Interloper...they hit the ground in a similar fashion. Thoughts?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 329
yeah thats what they do :S

Very interesting, i would love them to be thumpers, it would add evidence to the story about Xen being under combine control, and answer the question where antlions come from. wow what else could these be?

Great Grizzly said:
i think those are drills/ore extractors
My thoughts exactly!

-RakuraiTenjin- Don't make pointless posts. This isn't a chatroom.

There was talk on another forum about the possibility of those devices being 'thumpers' to keep Ant lions away ........ Excpet there were no Ant lions on Xen! some people just read to much into this stuff :p

hmm.... in Xen? detection equipment maybe?

Antlions more likely than not do come from Xen.
But in any case, that island in interloper is too small to house any antlions, and those devices couldn't scare anything because they don't make any vibrations.

So, they are more likely some other sort of device. Maybe for drilling like Grizzly said, or perhaps they are power generators. Maybe even food machines. We may never know.

It is a anti Antlion machine! The antlions refuses to go close to it and after you get the pheronomes and are about to storm that beach with the bunkers you can see some huge thumpers that scares your antlions. And when you shut them down you can hear some kind of alarm.

...Poor, poor Adrain. Did you even read the posts?

Mechagodzilla said:
Antlions more likely than not do come from Xen.
But in any case, that island in interloper is too small to house any antlions, and those devices couldn't scare anything because they don't make any vibrations.

Plus the ant-lions would get their ass kicked by the tenticles

Back