• C&C Red Alert

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • C&C Tiberian Sun

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • C&C Red Alert 2

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • C&C Generals

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • C&C Tiberian Dawn (Original Command and Conquer)

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters
Not that crappy "make a bulldozer and build crap" that was pioneered by Starcraft...
??? That goes back to WARCRAFT.
Starcraft didn't do that.
All sc did was raise the standard for AI, Gameplay, Diverse Races, Balance, editor.

Red Alert and Red Alert 2 are the best games by a long shot.
To be honest, the biggest reason I play those games are because of Frank Klepacki.
I wished I had four hands, because then I could give his music four thumbs up.

I sort of missed the whole C&C craze for reason. Only ever played red alert, but that was pretty cool.

I've got to say Zero Hour was my favourite, even though its not an option on that poll. Had many a fun lan game with it.

Command&Conquer: Red Alert, the game that influenced my life more than everything.

Before I saw that game for the first time I have never thought that this could be possible. I got myself a CD of Soviets anf I started it playing before I even owned a computer (at my cousin's).

A.I. said:
Command&Conquer: Red Alert, the game that influenced my life more than everything.

Before I saw that game for the first time I have never thought that this could be possible. I got myself a CD of Soviets anf I started it playing before I even owned a computer (at my cousin's).
RA is the game that got me into RTS. The single player blew me away and I couldn't so playing it. It was so awesome.

Pressure said:
RA is the game that got me into RTS. The single player blew me away and I couldn't so playing it. It was so awesome.
Me too *Does a little dance*

You might like to know i refinished the Allied Campaign for RA2 about 10 minutes ago.

It's just amazing fun going with about 50 chrono-legionaires jumping around the map zapping junk out of existance.

Jintor said:
You might like to know i refinished the Allied Campaign for RA2 about 10 minutes ago.

It's just amazing fun going with about 50 chrono-legionaires jumping around the map zapping junk out of existance.
The last level was a disapointment. The chrono legenares(sp?) made it too easiy. All you have to do is
wipe all their power-plants out of existance

Axyon said:
Nothing can ever beat Command and Conquer: Red Alert. That game was God. I liked Red Alert 2, but it was far too colourful and cartoony for my liking... Red Alert had that fantastic gritty feel to it, and Frank Klepacki's tunes were in their peak at that time - Bigfoot, Crush, Hellmarch, oh the memories.

You forgot Command and Conquer on the poll, by the way.

Quoted For Truth.

There is only one game that is on par with Red Alert when it comes to Realtime Strategy games and that is Total Annihilation.

TheBleeding said:
Kirovs! Man, you were unstoppable with kirovs. I think I must of completed all of the Soviet campaign using kirovs.

Although... blasted Yuri and his gatling towers. *shakes fist*

You have chosen wisely, my child.

Thanks to this thread, I went and got Tiberian Sun a few days ago :D omgfun!

Yeah, I'm looking around to see how cheaply I can get RA2 and Generals for...

If you are going to get RA2 buy it in a pack with Yuri's Revenge, I can't find YR on its own anywhere(in shops, not including teh internets).

It sorta overbalanced Yuri, but i would get it for the singleplayer alone... but that's me...

Jintor said:
It sorta overbalanced Yuri,

Pfffttt just play as the UK or Iraq

Desolators and Snipers make short work of Yuri Clones. Not to mention the fact that desolators can't hurt each other :p

But Yuri had the gattling towers which made short work of pretty much anything that got close. Better than Tesla Towers, I think. The only way I took them out was by sheer force of 14 or so Harriers or Mirage Tanks. And even then, Yuri would always send out a mass force of Gattling Tanks, clones, Lasher tanks and conscripts which would seek out the tanks.

I gotta play this again sometime. RE2 and Yuris Revenge, that is.

I was playing TS at a friend's house yesterday. And I swear that General Hassan in the bad guy from day 4 of 24.

I play Generals and Zero Hour (expansion pack) all the time, i'm a huge fan of RA and RA2, but i only really play ZH, i really like it. Chinese Nuke General, USA Air force General and GLA demolitions General ftw!

"Tanya here!"

RA/RA2 were by far and away the best. In the original, I remember buiding armies of infantry and Tanya's and sending em into an enemy base. Half the time Tanya would c4 everything, and the other half, my opponet would send a flood of tanks to just squish everything.

Oh god. The Mammoth tank for the Soviets was the pinnacle of awesomeness. Looks like it came out of Warhammer 40k. Ah yes, the dogs would get me aswell, it was hilarious to here the snarling and then see the dog soar 20ft into my guy as he explodes.

Oooh. Remember the battelships that could shoot way far inland? Or the satellite that you could buy for a whole ton of money and then you could see everything? The bridges that could be blown?

So many awesome memories from that game.

Red Alert for me, Red Alert 2 was good to. The original C&C was one of the first ever PC Games i played so that to is special :D

Pi Mu Rho said:
Kane is better than anyone in the world. FACT.

Plus I've got his autograph :)
You got Joseph Kucans autograph you lucky bastard. Kanes me hero.

I remember complaining about how the enemy, after you've destroyed the Construction yard, couple of power plants, etc, would just give up, sell stuff or not bother after that.

...and then I changed the difficulty. I got swarmed by tanks before I'd even deployed my Construction yard most the time. Bah.

TheBleeding said:
I remember complaining about how the enemy, after you've destroyed the Construction yard, couple of power plants, etc, would just give up, sell stuff or not bother after that.

...and then I changed the difficulty. I got swarmed by tanks before I'd even deployed my Construction yard most the time. Bah.
They only do that if you destroy their construction yard, war factorys and barrackes, because they can no longer produce any units so all their buildings are useless because the only way they can get troops from them is by selling them.

ríomhaire said:
They only do that if you destroy their construction yard, war factorys and barrackes, because they can no longer produce any units so all their buildings are useless because the only way they can get troops from them is by selling them.

Refinary

wow really hitting on the old roots of gaming i had forgotton about, i borrowed that game off you evo, had it for ages before i gave it back..you still have it??? Red alert 2 i mean

Yeah still got it Gui!

True, very annoying when they just gave up then you had to spend ages trying to find their ore miners! gargh! (Red Alert 2 im talkin about)

Back