Compare two Nvidia video cards

R

russiankid

I would adress this topic at hlfallout.net, but that site is clearly gone dead for a while. So here it is. I am having birthday September 17th :)cheers:), so I am getting a new video card. :bounce: The price is up to 185 US dollars. I need an AGP version video card. I chose these two products:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814125168

As any GeForce 6600GT card, this card is very fast. Nice core speeds and features. There are plenty of other 6600GT cards and they are very similar, so this card is a reference to other 6600GT's.

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814140045

This card is a little bit "shady". I do not trust in it to be a good product. Here are the reasons. It has DDR memory, instead of standart GeForce 6800 at DDR3 memory type. It is also quite unusual to see the Manufacturer's site missing lots of features mentioned on nvidia.com, describing all features of 6800. Apollo has a very bad website. They even couldnt atch the right card pictures. The core speed is appearing very slow also. I did not find any reviews for this card. I only found 6800GT, which is very expencive and out of the question.

So the question is: is this Apollo 6800 card better then others 6600GT? It is appearing to be slower to me... I am so confused. :eek:

P.S. Any other video card advise would be apressiated.

go with the 6800 it is alot better dont get fooled just because it has ddr memory and lower clocks it is still faster than 6600gt

6600gt has 8 pipelines
6800nu has 12pipelines and mabye u can unlock the other 4 pipes

Also 6800 has 256bit memory while 6600gt only has 128bit

Nice price tag, 199.99$. Heard good things about it from all of my friends, online and off.. Only uses an AGP x8 slot.. Those reasons are good 'nuff for me, dunno about you..:farmer:

Kitire said:
Nice price tag, 199.99$. Heard good things about it from all of my friends, online and off.. Only uses an AGP x8 slot.. Those reasons are good 'nuff for me, dunno about you..:farmer:

Wow, 199.99$ is quite a lot for 6600gt, I look at them right now and see 150-170 range. www.newegg.com has the lowest prices. If you see my first link on my first post, you'll see the actual price. Getting cheaper.

Exacly my point :p. There are prices 150-220 everywhere i look. COMPUSA store had one for 219.99$ dollars, but there website had 199.99$. So yeah, buy it from NewEgg. Enjoy it.

Asus said:
The 6800 is by far a better card performance wise. If you are conserned about the brand then XFX might be a better pick. It's also cheaper plus a rebate. =p

Nice! I looked at this XFX card before, but it was unavailable. It is deffinatly a powerful brand, with all the features. I think that this is the first choice for me. Thank you Asus (person) lol :D . I hope this card would be available till 17th. My B-day. :cheers:

Kitire said:
Heh, my birthday is the 22nd, cheers bro :).

Cheers! :bounce: I wish the outmost happiness for you. Is september 22nd is still considered Virgo?

Yes it is.. I believe the 23nd is the end of "the virgin" -.-'..

Back