Compile Errors

Wesisapie

Reaction score
I'm new to this whole mapping game so i won't pretend I'm not. I have however read the documentation but... it seems to leave out some information at the most important parts.

I try to compile and i get errors like this:

"Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Nov 4 2004)
1 threads
Unable to find gameinfo.txt relative to 'C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*******8**\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\********'. Solutions:

1. Set environment variable 'VPROJECT' to the path where gameinfo.txt is.
2. Place 'C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\******\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\********' below the path where gameinfo.txt is.
3. Add -game <path> on the command line where <path> is the directory that gameinfo.txt is in."

i think it is because i have an @ in my username.. i am thinking maybe its screwing with the directory commands.

anyone know what my problem could be?

like i said, i followed that thoroughly.

no need for wise guy replies.

same prob for me..i followed the setup instructions too.

I had that problem, but I fixed it... though I have no recollection of what I did to fix it.

Ok....
If you've specified your "place compiled maps here" to you actual CS folder so that you don't have to copy/paste the map into it everytime you compile then that's the prob.

All I did to fix this..was to copy the gameinfo.txt(?) into my ACTUAL CS folder in the one right above the maps folder...think it's just the main cs folder. That fixed it for me.

Back