Compiling Problems.

Frizz

Reaction score
I did make maps back in the day the first Hammer come out, and I am sure i had the same Problem.

Now its back please help.

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk"

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test.vmf" "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test.vmf"

** Executing...
** Command: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test"

* Could not execute the command:
"F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe" "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test"
* Windows gave the error message:
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test"

"F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe" "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test"
"Access is denied."

** Executing...
** Command: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe"

"F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe" "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User@Name\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\Test"
"Access is denied."

hrm. Are you running the SDk under your steam account that you bought hl2? Also, make you the user you are using in windows isn't on guest permissions...that's the only thing I can think of.

MiMMiC said:
Are you running the SDk under your steam account that you bought hl2?

Yes it is.

MiMMiC said:
Also, make you the user you are using in windows isn't on guest permissions...that's the only thing I can think of.

Its Admin

I have the same problem. It's really getting frustrating, I've searched the forums but there's nothing. Nothing that works anyway. PLZ Help!

** Executing...
** Parameters: "E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk"

** Executing...
** Parameters: "E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\test1.vmf" "E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\test1.vmf"

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: "E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\test1"

"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe" "E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\pvtlon\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\test1"
"Access is denied."

I fixed my problem. I had the wrong drive letter in one of the config lines. Derrr...

I'm getting this, some one please help, I'm just trying to run my map to make sure its gonna work

** Executing...
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\paranoid_zio\counter-strike source"

** Executing...
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\paranoid_zio\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\fy_complex.vmf" "\fy_complex.vmf"

** Executing...
** Command: ""
** Parameters: +map "fy_complex"

Back