Completed!

B

betaDecay

OMG, alright it's a couple of years since HL2 hit the streets, and everybody and their grandma have gotten through it, but i only got it a couple of months ago and started playing a few weeks back. and yep, it's taken me that long, but I've finally completed it! And no cheating - honest injun!

PPHHHEEEEWWWWWW!!! This game has been awesome, while also being sometimes boring, repetitive, linear, almost impossible in places (that damned hover-boat thing :(), hugely frustrating when you have to try twenty times to get past some tight corner, etc, etc, etc. I'm sure you've all heard it before, but I'll say it again: awesome...

So, where do I get my T-shirt?.......

rob

So, where do I get my T-shirt?.......
From the Collectors Edition Tin, which you evidentally didn't buy back when they were still selling it :p Get one from the Valve Software Store instead. May I recommend the Half-Life 2 Deathmatch T-Shirt? Of the lot, it's the most likely to slip by most average people as a T-Shirt that doesn't emblazen "+1 NERD OF GEEKVILLE" on your chest :p

Incidentally, you are aware that in the time that it has taken you to complete the game, the sequel is already out, aren't you? At least with your current track-record you won't be coming back to us and moaning that it's far too short :p edit: oh wait, you didn't start playing in 2004! Just noticed :D

Good work, and welcome to the forums....

Duuhhh, I got a biscuit tin somewhere - shall I look in there? ...but what's wrong with proclaiming ones' geekoidosity. I'm gonna check out the max-g shirts right away. Yes, I did hear of Episode One and that it's pretty expensive in terms of thrills per megabyte, but when you're hooked you need that fix :-P

Thanks for the welcome Ty.

Bob, i took a look at the site, and it looks like the mods are new weapons and the like. Very pretty and all that, but i never did that kind of thing back in the Doom days it always seemed pretty pointless. Just my 2c, you understand.

Now if somebody would do an Alyx mod, where she slips into something a little more comfortable..... aaah me.

Oh dear me, well using 'garrys mod' people have done many things along those lines. If theres one mod to check out, its that one, so have a look. (it's not a game mod, its very different!). Hope you stick around, good to hear you enjoyed it. When Episode 2 comes out, it's likely Episode 1 will drop in price so you still may be able to play some more soon.

Welcome to the forums :).

Also, if you think that HL2 is frustrating, try its predecessor. hoo boy.

NO, get this mod, SMOD remastered redux

http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=5334.0

Entirely new gore system (aterial blood sprays, gibbing, blood slicks in water, npcs behind someone who was hit will get blood splatter on them, blood that hits roof will drip) , randomized enemy weapons and locations, more guns, a tactical recoil system, new enemies, REAL bullettime, new models, good looking 3rd persion view, and new scripted events. Plus it includes a guide to apply the random npc spawning technique into multiplayer maps.

WOA!!! I just finished Half life2 and EpisodeOne.... Amazing! My over-seas brother kept telling me to buy it. I got both of them for my birthday... sadly, i didnt install it until 3 weeks ago, because i didnt like the first one alot. Man! What a blast! But now, i hate to wait....
I tried G-Mod, because it was the first thing i read as i tiped +mod +hl2 in google.... any other recommendations, besides this... SMOD?

NO, get this mod, SMOD remastered redux

http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=5334.0

Entirely new gore system (aterial blood sprays, gibbing, blood slicks in water, npcs behind someone who was hit will get blood splatter on them, blood that hits roof will drip) , randomized enemy weapons and locations, more guns, a tactical recoil system, new enemies, REAL bullettime, new models, good looking 3rd persion view, and new scripted events. Plus it includes a guide to apply the random npc spawning technique into multiplayer maps.

Are the bolded things, plus the change player thing, optional?

I just don't want slo-mo, 3rd person, or to have to play as the most boring/generic game character ever.

yeah they're optional.

you can easily just not activate bullet time and you don't have to use 3rd person. or just not bind anything for them. The mod also includes tons of variables in easy to modify text files. Think that the bullet time bullets are too slow/fast? change it. Think the ragdolls are too wacky? change it to a different setting. Don't like the weapon changes? turn the weapon mod off. etc etc.

yeah they're optional.

you can easily just not activate bullet time and you don't have to use 3rd person. or just not bind anything for them. The mod also includes tons of variables in easy to modify text files. Think that the bullet time bullets are too slow/fast? change it. Think the ragdolls are too wacky? change it to a different setting. Don't like the weapon changes? turn the weapon mod off. etc etc.

Excelent

*downloads mod*

I beat the game too, but only got it a few weeks ago(I had to update xbox 360 to run with xbox games) Congrats!

I didn't really enjoy SMOD.

Me neither. I didn't like how dead bodies stayed solid so I kept getting stuck tripping on them while running around. To get them out of your way you had to gib them, which is another thing I never liked.

I did find the antlion spawning weapon to be entertaining, although it makes no sense. I got it in Water Hazard or Route Canal, and I haven't played through Highway 17 yet so I have no idea how you're supposed to interact with the antlions there when you can already spawn infinite numbers of friendly antlions. Of course you could always argue, if you don't like it, don't use it.

you could change the ragdoll collision type to 11 to make them interact normally without causing you to get stuck on them. Their default is 9.

also where did you find the antlion spawner. I though you had to cheat to get it. Only hidden weapons i've found where the alyx gun, the scissors, and maybe a few others that i can't remember.

you could change the ragdoll collision type to 11 to make them interact normally without causing you to get stuck on them. Their default is 9.

also where did you find the antlion spawner. I though you had to cheat to get it. Only hidden weapons i've found where the alyx gun, the scissors, and maybe a few others that i can't remember.

Thanks for the info on the ragdolls!

I think the antlion spawner was at the corner you turn, either right before you get to the red barn, or before you get to that pier with the metrocop shooting at you, where they close up the gates and you have to go through the room with all the manhacks. There was a wooden ledge on the right-hand side of the canal with a crate containing the antlion spawner.

You guys are such lucky son of a guns! I don't have a PC and I always tempt myself by watching videos of mods. For god's sake I'm too young to even reach HALF of what it takes to buy a PC. But, I'm still lagging behind the rest of the race because I haven't played any of the other Half Life games other than Half Life 2. *Sigh*...

You guys are such lucky son of a guns! I don't have a PC and I always tempt myself by watching videos of mods. For god's sake I'm too young to even reach HALF of what it takes to buy a PC. But, I'm still lagging behind the rest of the race because I haven't played any of the other Half Life games other than Half Life 2. *Sigh*...

ask your parents?

How do you "watch videos of mods" if you don't have a PC? In fact, how did you play HL2, or post on this forum for that matter.

Continuity error.

By not having a PC, do you mean you have a Mac instead of a windows machine; or do you not have a computer at all?

I think he means he doesn't have a PC of his own or just not one for gaming...

Also, DLing this SMOD redux thing, sounds cool. And I loved the older SMOD :E

I think he means he doesn't have a PC of his own or just not one for gaming...

Also, DLing this SMOD redux thing, sounds cool. And I loved the older SMOD :E

SMOD Remastered > SMOD > Dirt >>> SMOD: Redux.

Back