concept gun

operative x

Reaction score
I am open to your ideas so post your suggestions and i will try to add them in the next update :cheers:

concept_gun.JPG

The handle could be bigger, and perhaps add a big silencer and a side-loading magazine for that 1940's mp10 look. Otherwise looks great! Other coolness factors include: folding stock, carrying strap.... out of ideas.

rofl its not an smg, i am not too sure on the folding stock lol. I could make the handle a bit bigger. Silencer... hmmmmmm i'll have to really think about the silencer. Where could i squeze in a side loading mechanism?

On the side? I like big clunky function-over-form kinda guns, but that's just my style.

With which part do you agree on? The function over form? the polycount is around 1,400. So what do you think would help give it function?

Just put in for consideration that its for my mod "idea...." in the general discussion thread so I don't think they would have a pistol on the ship unless they wanted to secretly kill crew members. So you think I should smooth parts better? what do you think would give it more function and a more lethal look? I am trying to get peoples suggestions alot more becuase its something i rarely see other mod teams do.

Just put in for consideration that its for my mod "idea...." in the general discussion thread so I don't think they would have a pistol on the ship unless they wanted to secretly kill crew members. So you think I should smooth parts better? what do you think would give it more function and a more lethal look? I am trying to get peoples suggestions alot more becuase its something i rarely see other mod teams do, (hopefully) becuase its you guys in the end who will be playing it.

edit: i wanted to edit not post again!!!!!

its pretty good operative x. Ive modeled a gun before. Not easy at all. And Making handles are the hardest part becuase you kinda have to scale it with the gun to make it look right. That takes a lot of time.

That looks like a USP gun with the laser mount.

what it LOOKS like is the gun corbin dallas uses in the fifth element... like just like it actually

really? interesting... can you find a screen shot of it? i have not seen tha movie in AGES.

Functionality:

1. Where does the magazine go? The mag from a .22 couldnt fit in that grip, and there is no sign of a magazine anywhere else. Exactally how are the projectiles supposed to get into the chamber?

2. What seems to be the front sight, which runs all the way along the top of the slide would not aid aming in the least. A small post at the front is all that is neccisary. If it was supposed to also be used as a scope mount I would recommend adding an alternate method of mounting a scope as it woudl be thrown out of alignmennt after the first shot if it was attached to the slide.

3. The switch on the side doesnt need to be nearly that big. A small (and I mean small) sliding switch on the side woudl be more than adequate. A large knob like that is likely to get caught on a holster, clothing etc. The switch should be flush with the surface of the frame.

4. The corners of the trigger guard should be rounded off. Square or close to square corners will concentrait stress in those locations leading to cracks. In addition, square corners will catch on things, rounded ones will not.

5. Needs safties, slide-release, magazine release etc. Try and make it abydextrous if you can.

6. The grips on the slide should be smaller, unless they're also for shredding parmesian cheese. Of cource, if they're there for making easy to use with a gloved hand, the trigger guard and trigger should also be larger, for use with a gloved hand.

7. If fame and slide are metal that will end up being one seriously front-heavy gun.

Form:

It has a nice sci-fi huge-ass-gun look to it, though at the moment it looks a bit "blank". Probably because its a WIP.

tonight when i go home i'll take a screencap of it cause i can't find a shot of it on the web

Back