Confirmed Half-Life 2 Review Schedules

Homie said:
Im a bit confused. Those dates are those the release dates for hl2?
If those are the Release dates are they correct?

:cheers:
Homie, you need to try and read and take in a bit more my man. We're talking about reviews of the game.

Those are the dates that those magazines will tell us what they think of Half-Life 2. They get the game a lot earlier than normal people.
SubForce said:
Thank God for Barnes and Noble. They carry PCGAMER UK edition here in the US. Yeah baby, gonna get it too. Oh the UK edition usually comes with 2 cd's also. Lots of gaming goodness for the masses.
Don't they do the DVD version over there?

Yes i just got it in my head lol the minute you posted this i first thought it was release date ahhahahahaha. :LOL:

Also i have a feeling that it is going to release November 1st.

Hey chris,

Just a little heads-up, PCgameplay is a BE(belgium) magazine and not NL. They do release it in holland though ;)

Just a note of caution. UK mags will quite often review release candidates instead of the final on-the-shelf game.

Also the reviewers went to Valve. They didn't review the games at home. So they don't have a copy of the game themselves.

So this doesn't really tell us when the game's out. In fact they'll probably put TBD next to the release date in the reviews.

--
Grumps

Chris_D said:
Homie, you need to try and read and take in a bit more my man. We're talking about reviews of the game.

Those are the dates that those magazines will tell us what they think of Half-Life 2. They get the game a lot earlier than normal people.
Don't they do the DVD version over there?
Nope, well not at the store I shop anywho.

Although i do not believe it, who gives a crap about reviews
*cough previews *cough anyway.
I'll buy the game not matter how crap it might turn out to be.

I agree. Disregard of how fallacious Half-Life 2 may be (how could it?), I will buy it anyway. Remember, you are not only buying Half-Life 2, but:
[Dr. Shim goes through every single officially announced Half-Life 2 modification in existance.]

One of them has got to be worth fifty bucks!

Looking forward to the reviews, but I hope that the reviewers keep the spoilers to a minimum and the screenshots aren't too revealing of new stuff. There has been a lot of game exposure with the 2004 binks on top of the 2003 ones, and I worry that too much may of been shown already.

god this is pathetic, its my bday tomorrow and all i can think about is the reviews coming out in about a week.

It would really suck for all these reviews to come out only to have Vivendi hold Half-Life 2 hostage until the middle of next year. Let's hope the good word of mouth will put a little pressure on Vivendi to strike while the irons hot.

What ever the reviews, i won't be reading any, I don't want anything to spoil the fun of playing the game without knowing what's going to happen next.

I think the game will go gold on Sept. 30th, the whole "lawsuit" is a publicity stunt. If these magazines "review" the game and it doesn't get released within ~4 weeks I think that's really bad on A; Valve's/VUG's behalf, B: magazines's behalf.

"Look, here's a review of Spiderman 3.. in cinemas 2006". Sif they do that.

[Matt] said:
Dont forget that US magazines and sites have an unwritten rule of not reviewing games until they are final or 'gold'. Remember when CZ was reviewed by the UK titles some 5 months before it finally came out?

All magazines have a rule that they only review games that are "finished". It depends on what you mean by "finished". What's going to change because of the RC? A few bugs for certain graphics cards will be fixed, that's it. There isn't going to be huge gameplay changes, so that's why the magazines can review the game.

Anyway, the magazines were invited to Valve to play the game, so US magazines will have it (and PC Gamer US has already confirmed it, actually).

Also, I seem to remember a few US magazines have reviews of the old Condition Zero.

EDIT: Damn, didn't read the second page before posting.

grumpycrab said:
Just a note of caution. UK mags will quite often review release candidates instead of the final on-the-shelf game.

All magazines do this, not just UK magazines. PC Gamer US released a Doom 3 review before it went gold (or only a few days after). Magazines say that they review "finished" games. And it really depends on what you mean by "Finished". There won't be any thing different from the first RC to the boxed copy that will REALLY affect the gameplay and stop them from reviewing the game

Varsity said:

Erm, the 14th of September has passed so I can guarentee that PC Format won't have a review in their issue. And anyway, even if you meant "in the next issue" they only have it written on their backpage and things could've changed.

And the news post mentions that the PC Powerplay doesn't have a review, they confirmed it on their news page before.

These are confirmed reviews.

I'm psyched.

The review schedule means we are on a real countdown now. No. We don't know what the clock reads, but at least the delays and gut-jerking changes of expectation are over. Its certain, and its soon.

Back