confirming australian release.

1chimera1

i tried searching for this but found no answer. Im in Melbourne and the relase time is 7 pm. I went to EB and they said that they might not get the game in for a few days. Is it true that we arent? Does anyone else know retailers that may not have the game in time. It wouldnt be such a big deal if i didnt have final exams next week. thanks in advance.

17th in Aus is essentially still the 16th in America...
timezones rock

Yer just like in perth at 4pm on the 16th half-life 2 comes out... but i pre-ordered...so i still don't get it till the 17th.....

We got our copies up here in Bundaberg (EB), big note saying not to release till 9am Wednesday the 17th hehe,

But i have my copy on steam fully preloaded and ready to play at 6:01pm Queensland time (damn dairy farmers) hehe. even took a couple of days off work

my eb said i will be getting it on the 16th, but if i do get it than, i'll have to wait about 10 hours for it to be activated.

a little over 9 hours left until the 16th, damn.

EB International has put out a notice saying that no EB shops should release it until the date that kussie said.
This doesn't stop other stores from doing it though...

i spoke to a good mate of mine who has pre-ordered from EB and apparently someone from EB called him and said he could come pick it up on tuesday. therefore breaking the release date.

Back